whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That 08 Tundra would not be a present from Toyota? His ultimate fighting buddy from the coast,44? I am relieved it was not Sorby! Now the apology/bs? Sadly hysterical. Come on Dallas!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
wake_rider said:
For the others that want him to be held to such higher standards as he is the supposed to be a "role model," well, take your own responsibility for raising your children right and quit using celebrities as your way of teaching YOUR children their moral code. Basically, buck-up and quit being lazy parents. Understand that YOU'RE the problem. This guy is just a motocross rider, just as every other entertainer is just that. If you want your kids to be raised with good moral standards and introspect of character, take responsibility for their upbringing and quit holding other people responsible.

So anyone who expects a champion to act like a champion and uses the words 'role model' is automatically a lazy parent who fails to take responsibility?

Umm, Okkkaaaayyyy. :blah: :blah: :blah: :bang: :bang:

Paint with an overly broad brush much?

FWIW, my two kids don't even know who Bubba is. I'm the only SX fan in my house.

IMO, this week Bubba harmed the sport and his own valuable image. Saying so does not mean I'm a bad parent. It doesn't mean I'm guilty of hypocrisy (the old out of context casting stones analogy). It means I'm an SX fan with an opinion.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
robwbright said:
Are you implying that home schooling creates a less mature individual?

I suppose it depends on the situation, but in general, that is not what I was trying to imply. For most pro-level mx racers, home school is so that they can spend all their time practicing riding... instead of hanging out with friends, they are practicing riding... instead of getting their 1st job, they are practicing riding... eventually getting thrust into a high risk/high reward career never having been exposed to the "real world".

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Not to downplay the situation, but being on the road in Southern CA for way more hours than one human should, I have seen these flasher lights several times on unofficial vehicles. A few times were obvious VIP protection convoys, but the majority were cases where the car with the lights was tired of being held up in the fast lane of the freeway and caused an unsuspecting car to immediately merge out of the way.
Heck you can buy the lights on-line.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
when I was younger and doing many silly things I had a siren reconstructed from several cashed cop bikes I had repaired and fitted it to my car and terrorised my friends with it and almost got punched the day a friend fdumped his stash in the open fire. I gave up smoking and sounding the siren 25 years ago. fun and dumb are often very close together, back then I was dumb and today I hope I've learned to not be dumb. James I hope is about to learn the same lesson and no longer be dumb. (hope springs eternal)

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Why did I look up your profile? Ummm, maybe to find out you're still in your twenties.

I think we've gone beyond Stewert here.

Don't tell me how to raise my sons, thank you.

Wisdom isn't measured by years. Remember that. You might have years on me, but that means nothing. Logic, introspect, and lack of ignorance don't escape me simply because I'm in my late twenties. A fool might think otherwise.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
YamaB said:
Seriously??

I'm not saying it was smart, but there are a LOT worse things than flashing fake police lights to help you get through traffic faster. It's not like he was "impersonating an officer" to aide in accomplishing something sinister. IMHO, anyone who gets busted for drunk driving is 100x as big of a "scumbag" compared to what James did. At least he wasn't putting anyone's life/well being in danger.... I won't even talk about the child molesters, rapists, armed robbers, murderers, etc.

I've personally done worse "pranks"... but not at 25 yrs old. Granted, these mx racers don't go to highschool and live in a different world than most of us, so I imagine their maturity is lagging behind the rest of us by quite a bit.

Granted I haven't had a chance to follow the story because I've been working a bunch of O.T. this week but the first news report I saw didn't say anything about using the lights to get through traffic. Essentially they forced a vehicle to the shoulder and then while intimating to be Police officers ordered the driver to slow down, when presented with the real officers badge they fled the scene.

I didn't think I would need to spell out for the crowd here that these aren't the most heinous offenses known to mankind just that these were two of the most common things I've seen scumbags do that for some reason most folks seem inclined to shrug off. Guess I'm becoming more in the minority of those who feel the folks who risk their lives serving their country and protecting their citizens deserve more respect than this type of behavior becoming acceptable.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I'm just glad there were no cell phones with cameras or videos when I was a teenager. My parents would had shoulder surgeries from the beatings I would have received. I'm trying to lecture my teenager NOT to post our vacation plans on Facebook and tell the world no one will be home for a week at our house. It is just a completely different world from when I was young. (I still find it humorous that he pulled over a car with two cops in it, though--what are the odds?)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
wake_rider said:
Logic, introspect, and lack of ignorance don't escape me simply because I'm in my late twenties.

Why do they escape you, then?

Here's some advice from a foolish old guy. STOP DIGGING NOW

Re JBS: To whom much is given, much will be required.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I like this shot!

Attachments

• bubbac.jpg
    bubbac.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 142

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
When I was young my role model was jimmy page ……

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
When I was younger my role model was Gordon Jennings, so I would like to formally blame him for any and all acts of curmudgeonly behaviour I've perpetrated on the unsuspecting internet mouth breathers of the world. :whoa:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
After I read the Willie Mays Story in 2nd grade, I certainly looked up to him.

Not long before that, many kids admired Jackie Robinson.

I guess there must have been lots of stupid, lazy irresponsible parents back then. No way any parent should ever let their kid admire a star athelete, lol.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Jeeze! :coocoo: Some of you guys would have never made it through the 70's. :nener:

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
dirt bike dave said:
After I read the Willie Mays Story in 2nd grade, I certainly looked up to him.

Not long before that, many kids admired Jackie Robinson.

I guess there must have been lots of stupid, lazy irresponsible parents back then. No way any parent should ever let their kid admire a star athelete, lol.

Admire a star athlete's capabilities in their sport, and model your game and training after theirs. I see nothing but good in that. However, be a good teacher and example for your children in order that they model their moral code after the examples they live around every day. What they see on the television and read on the internet is only a distorted picture of reality. However in a day where "reality tv" is what people expect to be reality, I guess nothing less should be expected.

I don't even see how this is debatable.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
In many cases, the act of impersonating a police officer is used to commit crimes such as rape and/or murder. There have been cases where a serial killer has impersonated a cop in order to pull over a victim and commit his crime.

Crimes like this are typically done at night, so I'm not saying Bubba is a serial killer or rapist, but he was acting like one (but I can't figure out what was going on in his head).

Last edited:
Top Bottom