ferrellw

Apr 5, 2008
I bought a "1993" YZ-125 knowing that it needed some work. I tore the engine apart today and to my surprise it needed a little more work that i had originally thought. Most of the top end gaskets were made out of oil soaked cardboard, no rings, unidentified radiator fluid, and some bolts missing. I have gotten everything fixed except the gaskets. I bought a top-end gasket set from Moose Racing, but none of the gaskets would fit. If it helps to identify what type of bike i have here is the VIN of the frame, and number off the crankcase.

VIN-JYA4JYW09RA010131
Crankcase-4JY-010131

Also, for a picture of what my bike looks like, go to google images, and google YZ-125 1993. It should be the first picture, or the one on justdirtbikes.

Thanks,
Wes

ferrellw

Apr 5, 2008
That helps and explains why the 93' gasket set wont work. Hopefully the 94' one will. One more question. MY bike has some weird plastics, not like the modern ones. It has the radiator scoop, then one long piece that goes all the way to the rear fender. I was trying to locate some modern plastics that would work. Most say that they are compat with my bike, im just not sure i want to buy them, then figure out that they aren't what i need. Any ideas?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Only parts FOR YOUR BIKE will fit. The gaskets are a good example. Body parts generally fit a small range of years.

ferrellw

Apr 5, 2008
If its a 94, why does it have 93 plastics.

The link that you posted _JOE_, those plastics look completely different. It wont let me post links or images, but go to google images and look up "1993 yz125". It should be the first result, or the picture hosted on justdirtbikes/com/au. That is exactly what mine looks like.

ferrellw

Apr 5, 2008
After looking at some pics of 94' bikes on bikepics, i'm reassured that it is a 94'. But that link that was posted, will the plastics ordered from UFO match those of my 94'.

Top Bottom