updating 89-94 KDX200 to 95-97 (plastics/graphics)

meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
Good Day,

I have a 89-94 series KDX200. Since there are a lot more Graphic Kits available for the 95-97 models, I'd like to try and update the body plastics of my bike with the 95-97 model parts.

I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to retrofit the 95-97 plastics shrouds, seat, seatcovers, gas tank, decals, ect. to the older model bikes.

Any input would be greatly appreciated; thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Stephen J. Fitzpatrick
sfitzpatrick@usadatanet.net
Any input would be greatly appreciated; thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Stephen J. Fitzpatrick

adckdx

~SPONSOR~
Jan 27, 2003
There are some new tank/shroud graphics by CEET available for that era bike. I just ordered new ones for my 90 KDX. (dennis kirk part #52-6051). They are grey/white/green/ black (NO PINK) and they look like they will match the CEET gripper logo seats. I'll let you know how they look once they arrive.

I don't think buying newer model plastics will work at all.

Good Luck!

ADCKDX

meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
Originally posted by adckdx
There are some new tank/shroud graphics by CEET available for that era bike. I just ordered new ones for my 90 KDX. (dennis kirk part #52-6051). They are grey/white/green/ black (NO PINK) and they look like they will match the CEET gripper logo seats. I'll let you know how they look once they arrive.

I don't think buying newer model plastics will work at all.

Good Luck!

ADCKDX

meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
ADCKDX,

Thanks for your reply! The graphics from Dennis Kirk will be my default
choice if I can't retrofit newer shrouds to my bike. Same for the seat cover.

I'd be very interested to find out if your satisfied with the seat cover.

I really don't like the stock blue. I think the bike would benefit most with a
monochromatic black/white/green color scheme. Pinks, purples, blues, & other trendy colors inevitably make a bike look dated over time.

Thanks again,
Steve

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
adckdx,

Thanks for the heads-up on thos graphics. I haven't seen those before. Do you know if they provide full coverage of the shroud? My spare shrouds look beat and if these provide full coverage I can get some new life out of them (not to mention they look good).

I happen to have the Ceet gripper cover and they would work well together.

adckdx

~SPONSOR~
Jan 27, 2003
RV6junkie, I should be getting them via ups in the next few days. From the picture in the DK catalog it looks like they would provide full coverage. I'll let you know once they come in.

ADCKDX

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
thanks

adckdx

~SPONSOR~
Jan 27, 2003
Well the new shrouds/tank covers arrived today. I must say I am very pleased!! RV6Junkie, they do cover the entire shrouds, and the tank is completley covered except for the very top near the gas cap.

I think they look awesome! I can't wait for the gripper seat and the black backgrounds for the number plates to come. NO MORE PINK!!!!

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Thanks. I'll be ordering a set.

Top Bottom