KX plastic on a 94 KDX200. Can it be done?

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
KX plastic on a 94 KDX200. what fits?

I need to know if it can be done, and how hard it is. I'm new to MX, and just bought a fairly beat up 94 KDX200. I'm interested in getting it looking good. I can't seem to find any good looking graphics kits for a KDX that old, so i'm considering an entire makeover into a KX. Does anybody have any experience doing this sort of thing? I'm specifically concerned about the radiator shrouds and associated graphics, as well as side covers. The overall look I want is like the 2002 KX125-250. I searched the archive and found something about using KX500 side covers and seat cover, but can anybody validate whether this combo is correct for the previous generation KDX?
Thanks,
Charles

Last edited:

Ytown Dbike

Apr 3, 2002
Hey, other than the radiator shrowds( I believe), most of the plastic can be replaced with KX stuff W/ a little tweaking. But if you want the KDX to look like a KX, you might be better off just buying a KX. But, yes it is possible.

DirtMan

Aug 6, 1999
You can install a'99 to 2002 KX 125/250 rear fender and number plate with very little modifications. The KX 500 gripper Ceet cover works great. As for the shrouds I'm not sure, but the KX 500 and KDX shrouds look almost the same. Not worth the change. I did these mods to my '93 KDX and it looks great.

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
Ytown,
A KX is out of the question. I need a woods bike, I won't ever ride a track at all. Plus, I'm a complete rookie so I need something that isn't so easy to stall.

Dirtman,
Could I trouble you to post or PM a pic? It sounds like you've got exactly what i'm looking to achieve.

Thanks,
Charles

Top Bottom