VCHSS4

Feb 14, 2004
I Have A 1990 Ktm 250 Exc. It Has A Severe Low End Bog, Have To Ride The Clutch All The Time On Tight Trails. Has New Boyesen Power Reeds. What Can I Do To The Carburetor To Make It Run Right?

killerbeez 75

Oct 26, 2004
send it to Eric Gorr for the port and polish job.With his prices it seems like that would be the cheapest way to go to get the best performance out of your bike.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You might want to learn how to jet it properly...

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
Jetting for new mods/reeds

The Boysen power reeds will change your bikes fuel delivery, usually making it run richer, especially on the main jet. Go to Boysen's website and find a rough starting point/jetting recommendation. But Okies right, your going to have to learn to jet your carb!

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Your powervalve may have crapped out. Take it apart clean it replace bearings if necessary. Same thing happened to my 300. All of a sudden it was like a 125. Once you got into the revs it ran OK. But down low nothing and would bog and die.

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
How's the compression? Poor compression will give you poor bottom end but still let the bike make normal power on the top.

elf

Jun 7, 2003
If you have good top end your power valve is working or stuck open. If it is stuck open you wont have any low end. If the pv is working then your jetting is off. Check the pv first, if its working then you need to change the jetting.

Top Bottom