Wolverine151

Jul 31, 2006
1) your physical size: 5'11 220LBS
2) How physical / aggressive are you: Moderate
3) what do you plan to ride: woods, fields with friends, maybe a couple MX tracks
4) Do you have any riding experience: 6 years on quads
5) Do you think you will race:Not sure
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work: I will do a little work
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke): I prefer a 4-stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?: All are close by
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike: I'm looking for a used bike nothin over $3000

I've been looking at 450 four-strokes like the WR450(or 426), CRF450X, and DRZ400E. Also could a 250 4-stroke pull my weight or would I get bored shortly?

Thanks

richardgd

Jul 26, 2006
I'm about your size and have a CRF250 and it will go way faster than I will ever be able to get it. The 250F will be more agile and can be thrown around easier and for me that means more fun. If you are a speed demon and love to fly down streights in 5th gear pinned then the 450 is for you but you will sacrifice some of the flickability which helps on tight trails or smaller tracks. Both sizes are more than capable of pulling you around fast so I would suggest looking for the best deal. I recently picked up my 05 CRF250 for $3K.

Top Bottom