cordova527

Dec 9, 2006
I just installed a v force II on my 01 RM250 which also has a pro circuit pipe and silencer. The bike is running a little rich because the rear fender gets a little oily however, after the install it feels like the bike is breaking up in the mid range and just slower overall. Can someone PLEASE help me tune it??

mx47blue

Dec 3, 2005
did you jet the bike?
because if you dont jet the bike with thode reeds you wont harve the bike running well and you wont make any power. When i installed my vforce on my yz85 it ran bad untill i finnally got the bike jetted perfect and then you really notice the power difference with thos reeds.

cordova527

Dec 9, 2006
mx47blue said:
did you jet the bike?
because if you dont jet the bike with thode reeds you wont harve the bike running well and you wont make any power. When i installed my vforce on my yz85 it ran bad untill i finnally got the bike jetted perfect and then you really notice the power difference with thos reeds.

I havent touched anything. I have an idea on where to start but I am still stumped. The pilot def needs to be changed cause from idle to 1/4 its breaking up a little and mid is breaking up.

I might try the jetting from bills pipes website.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Try moving the needle down........(move the clip UP one slot) This will most likely clean-up the middle and MAY improve the bottom some too.

quintwatson

Jan 22, 2006
I have the same bike, same reed cage, and same pipe as you do. What do you have in your carb now for pilot, main, and needle clip position?

Also, how did it run prior to the VForce installation?

cordova527

Dec 9, 2006
quintwatson said:
I have the same bike, same reed cage, and same pipe as you do. What do you have in your carb now for pilot, main, and needle clip position?

Also, how did it run prior to the VForce installation?

My carb is stock, so whatever the stock settings are. Before the v force it ran good just down low it had some sputtering and oil was getting on the fender.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
You may be surprised with what moving the needle leaner will do.

quintwatson

Jan 22, 2006
I agree with 2ST4Ever that the needle clip is a good place to start if you are already close.

On this particular bike I had to go leaner across the board to get it right. Leaner main, pilot (2 stages leaner), needle and clip (2nd from top pos.). I did the changes one at a time and you should too, because we probably ride differently and in different places so even though our bikes are similar, our jetting specs may not be.

Still, I'll be interested to hear what you end up with.

cordova527

Dec 9, 2006
Well for an update I went ahead and changed the clip to the #2 slot and what a nightmare it has been. The bike first was pissing gas out so the float was stuck. I tapped on the bowl and it stopped, then it just wouldnt kick over. My plug got literally fried so I went out and bought 2 more, 1 plug hotter, 1 plug stock #8. Changed the plug and still nothing so I took the bowl off, cleaned it and attempted to kick 1000x again. Finally it fired up but it was dark and I didnt get a chance to ride it. It felt as if it wouldn't rev but I am assuming it was because it was cold and flooded with gas from trying to kick. I will let everyone know tomorrow how it feels.

cordova527

Dec 9, 2006
Well I took the bike out today and when I fired it up it began spooging horribly. So I turned the air/fuel screw out 2 turns and the bypass out 3 full turns. The bike now runs amazing with amazing throttle response except the throttle stuck open and I hit a tree thinking I may have broke my foot, lol. So for a word of advice spray the throttle blade to make sure dirt doesnt get stuck inside and pin it wide open.

Top Bottom