TOTALL

Feb 21, 2002
HEY GUYS
I'M GOING TO BUY V-FORCE DELTA REED VALVE FOR MY 02 CR 250 NEXT WEEK.NEED TO KNOW THE TENSION SETTING.I DO MOSTLY WOODS RIDING.:confused: :think THANKS

imlostagain

Feb 12, 2002
I just installed the v-force in my '99 cr125 and left it in the factory setting . I believe it was set at the high tension. I did receive a warning pamphlet with it that stated if you use the low setting that the reed life will be dramatically shortened . I know with this setting , I seemed to get a little more/smoother power overall but not a big hit anywhere. Hope this helps....

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Im sure i read somewhere the 02 CR250 runs better if its set to low tension even though the instructions say to run it in the high setting.

02YZRulz

Nov 13, 2001
For woods riding I would think you are looking for low end response. If that is the case, I would definitely set the reeds to low tension. Just my .02. Good luck.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
At the low tension setting - the reeds will open sooner providing a "boost" of power right away. I set mine to low tension and definately noticed a low-mid hit gain. I checked my reeds after 10 hours (set at low tension) and they still look new. For woods riding - I would set them to low tension for sure. The stock high tension setting helps give a mid-top boost (since the outer reeds open up later).

I'm curious, what kind of reed life have people found with the low tension setting?

Top Bottom