Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I just got back from the HS in Bentley. The track was muddy with some huge mud holes. I saw one bike stuck in the mud up to the seat. I think it may still be in there..... Any who, There were 25 in my class and I took home 11th. At the start, I was 8th into the first turn and held that position for roughly 3 laps. Then I had an energy drop from my first Red Bull burning up and 2 guys past me. On the second to last lap (5 laps total), the 2nd Red Bull kicked in and I was tearin' it up! But, on the last lap, I got wedged in between 4 saplings from the same stump!!! :| While I pulled my bike out of the trees, a Z rider past me and I never caught up to him. All in all, It was one of my better races this year. :thumb:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Good ride cuz!!!!  Consistent finishes will improve the year end results.  Keep up the hard work.

Are you going to ride the HS on July 12???

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Mud? Must have got some of the rain buckets we got here Saturday evening.

Red Bull? Is that what you pros are juicing on these days? I'll have to try some at my next outing. Tried some last summer, but it was mixed with Absolute.

Go get em' TD! :thumb:

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I will be riding at Dutch Sport Park on the 12th. I am also going to Marquette to race the national!! wooo hooo!!!

If you time the Red Bulls correctly, they will work during the whole race.

I would also like to thank my sponsor, Bill Smith for his support and help! ;)

Mike, go and ask Brian V. how a passed him on my last lap like it was my 2nd.

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
TD, I'll see you at both locations - Dutch and Marquette.

I'll ask BV, but you need to clarify the message.  Was your last lap his second lap?  I am confused.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
BV had lapped me earlier in the race. Then, on MY last lap, I passed him back, quite a bit faster then what he was going. BV was prolly on his 5th or 6th lap. I really don't think he expected me to be comng up from behind quite so quick..... He may deny it though..... :thumb:

Are you racing At Dutch or being a Pit Sally? :think:

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
TD, congrats! I had the worst ride of the year at Valley, got my katoom buried twice in the mud on the first lap, tipped over, jammed a radiator full of goop and then got stuck real bad on lap two. Must have taken ten minutes to drag it out on lap two. Bike then proceeded to overheat, looked like a steam engine...long story short did five laps, knew I would score points and quit.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Your bike isn't the one in the pit is it?? I bet that guy would give you the bike if you could get it out.

Mike, I would expect nothing less...... :)
You may lay a beating on me in the woods but I MIGHT have you in the MX.........

Top Bottom