Dirtdigger04

Jan 25, 2010
Hey, i am wanting to buy a vforce 3 for my 06 rm 125. I also have a DEP pipe on it right now. Is the vforce 3 worth the $140? Will this upgrade really increase and make significant performance and power? Also, i would rather get this one than the boyesson because you dont really have to rejet the carb much for the vforce. Their website says is ads 5+% more power. Is this true?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2007
Ive got a 2006 YZ250 put the vforce 3 on and only thing I noticed was crisper throttle response. The other thing I noticed is it looks cooler than the stock one. Other than that, I had no complaints about my stock carbon fiber reeds other than I had money to waste on a vforce 3.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Some bikes will benefit more than others. If your stock reeds are worn you'll definately notice a huge improvement. Don't listen to anyones jetting specs. You need to go out and jet it for yourself. It's really simple and will make more of a difference in power than alot of bolt ons.

slodad

Sep 4, 2005
When my stock reeds started to wear on my '05 YZ125, I installed a VForce 3. I could not get the VForce jetted as cleanly as with the stock and ended up taking it off. Performance was inferior just about everywhere, but especially just off idle. I ride mostly trails, so clean running in 1/4-2/3 throttle is important to me and I just couldn't get the VForce to equal the stock. I would save the money and use it for maintenance later, when it's topend time.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
slodad said:
When my stock reeds started to wear on my '05 YZ125, I installed a VForce 3. I could not get the VForce jetted as cleanly as with the stock and ended up taking it off. Performance was inferior just about everywhere, but especially just off idle. I ride mostly trails, so clean running in 1/4-2/3 throttle is important to me and I just couldn't get the VForce to equal the stock. I would save the money and use it for maintenance later, when it's topend time.

Leave the reeds in there and get a JD jet kit. that would solve that part of the throttle with his custom triple taper needles.

Top Bottom