Video from Badlands ORP (Attica, IN)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The step-up looks pretty big in the video. Even when it looks like the bikes are at the top, they go up again.

Make me want to ride!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I have to watch that with the sound on Gary, looks to be 4 people, I would take their seats off. How is the quads paradox out there? Later

You come near my seat, and we're gonna fight!

Well, they're quads, what can I say. You just have to do what you can to stay away from them.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
yea thats a really fun track. I was only out there once for like a couple of hours before my throttle cable snapped, but I was really surprised about the track. I thought it would be a lot less crazy considering the genre of riders the badlands usually draws(not that its not a fun place).
Let me know if you ever want to head that way, and need someone to ride with. That place is way to big to ride alone.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
ericz103 said:
yea thats a really fun track. I was only out there once for like a couple of hours before my throttle cable snapped, but I was really surprised about the track. I thought it would be a lot less crazy considering the genre of riders the badlands usually draws(not that its not a fun place).
Let me know if you ever want to head that way, and need someone to ride with. That place is way to big to ride alone.

Where are you from?

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
Well, I don't like to say I'm from here, but right now I live in Terre Haute. I'm guessing your from Indianapolis? I grew up in Plainfield.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, Clermont actually.

I'm probably going to take another trip out there this week or this weekend..

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
Awesome! I'm glad to finally see some pictures. I used to go to Knobby hill quite a bit but then went to street bikes for awhile and just recently got back to the dirt stuff and was disappointed to find out knobby hill was closed since its about ten minutes from my house. I was pretty excited to hear that badlands had a track now but i figured it would be hard packed, sandy, and slicker than snot considering the type of dirt they have to deal with. I'm really glad to see theres some actual dirt out there. School starts the 25th (purdue) but i should be able to hit up badlands a few times before it gets cold. This is really good news. Looks like a lot of fun.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Knobby hill, I remember that track!! There was a time that was the best track in Indiana. Gary, the bike sounded good. Now all thats left is the suspension. First practice, no feet down in corners, and no seat!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Knobby hill, I remember that track!! There was a time that was the best track in Indiana. Gary, the bike sounded good. Now all thats left is the suspension. First practice, no feet down in corners, and no seat!

You stay away from my seat Bob..

You've seen me, you of all people should understand my need for the outriggers in the corners.

The suspension is pretty good.. Surely it can be tweaked to make it better, but so far I don't have any complaints.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Next time you get out to the Badlands, say Hi to the owners, Kyle and Steph, and tell them the Damn Yankees miss them and Paragon.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I talk to Kyle just about every time I go..

Really good people. I really dig that they seem to care about the place, and want to make the track something to be proud of.

Hopefully they keep it up.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, the do.. I was surprised.

He's also in the process of installing a water system.. It's going to be very nice when it's complete.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Yes they are good people, and from my experience with them running Paragon, you dont need to worry about them keeping up with it, they will try to continually make the park better. I was a trail guide for bikes and ATVs at Paragon, and cut a lot of the single track for them, with the help of other DRN members at times.

How are the trails, I'm not much of a track rider, but do plan on heading out there before the end of the summer.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
hey hey sounds like the new owners got me excited. Now I'll actually have to get out there more.
I don't really know what or how to describe there trails, but I have fun out there for what thats worth. I guess one pitfall is sometimes you can catch yourself in a huge swamp from all the jeeps and what not if you are not careful.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
ericz103 said:
I guess one pitfall is sometimes you can catch yourself in a huge swamp from all the jeeps and what not if you are not careful.

And thats a bad thing?

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
thought I would revive this thread with a couple of pics. Made it out there on there rider appreciation day. Good day all in all.

Attachments

• badlands table.jpg
    badlands table.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 65
  • badlands table2.jpg
    badlands table2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom