Video...Plans to toll existing roads/Actual Gov. Documents

john3_16

May 17, 2004
My wife and I accidentally drove on the first toll road in the United States that has no tollbooths...We try to avoid toll roads and we knew this particular road was going to be one but we didn't think it was in effect yet because we saw no toll booths..We got on, got off, and didn't slow down or pass through any tollbooth...After all, you gotta have a toll booth on a toll road right ? Not anymore! We found out as we got a bill in the mail for taking the road....

Here's the actual website and it's the first road of its kind in the nation...You don't have to purchase a toll tag if you don't want to as it is optional...If you choose not to get the wireless transponder there are cameras that take your photo and you'll get a bill in the mail... http://www.texas121.org/

Plans are rumored to be in the works to monitor traffic speeds by camera and to begin tolling existing roads (roads that aren't currently tolled)...Right now in Texas they have red light cameras to catch split second red light violations and there are cameras all up and down the highways around DFW...

Here's a scary video that discusses the totalitarian trend with actual gov. documentation...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7622160263553334427&q=Bob+Dacy

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That toll road (121) is a couple miles from my house ... never been on it.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
The stuff they can do now-a-days...Like for example if your going to rochestor from buffalo, useing easypass at the toll boths they can find out your speed. If you go to fast, you WILL get a tickit in the mail.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
I fixed the link so you guys can watch the video....If this is a concern to you I would like to encourage you to cut, paste, and send the info to as many people as possible.

TeXas_MXer

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2006
F'in 121. I used to go from my house in Lewisville to my cousins in Plano to ride! Can you believe that? 121 and Ohio was where our little riding spot was! Now it's all completely developed. I went out that way for the first time in a long time over Xmas, and was shocked! I've turned right onto Legacy from 121 Ten Thousand times in my lifetime! This time I missed my turn! I didn;t recognize anything.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom