johnnymoto

~SPONSOR~
Nov 9, 2000
I think I will take Decoster's works 74 250 suzuki, the TM type with laid down shocks. It was a work of art in it's time. Put "the man " on it and and let him rail a berm, it was magic. We all wanted to drag the bar in a berm after that but not all of us could.

--------
70' - super rat
76' - RM 370
72' - suz TC 90-suitcase cycle

Scrappy Dog

Oct 20, 2000
I'd have my 1977 RM125b back! Or Johnny O'Mara's Mugen Honda.I'm building a 1977CR125M now ,that'll bring back memories.Anyone w/ spare parts ,give me a yell!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
KWJams,
That just wasn't FAIR!
smile.gif

For some reason I would still like to have my first bike back .... '73 HODAKA Combat Wambat 125.

Then It would have to be another previously owned bike .... '82 Husky 430 XC, man it was FAST!

Lastly, a BSA 440 Victor, I love the British bikes.
smile.gif

wrench

Douglas

Nov 29, 2000
OK you guys......where do the letters HL come from in regards to an Aberg Yamaha? I built the Aberg featured in Motorcyclist in March of 79'and I also built the Protec Abergs raced by Rick, Rex, and Eric. The guy that built the frames (Profab) was a close friend. I've never heard HL associated with any of these bikes. They were Aberg Replicas, after Bengt Aberg. What gives?

Oct 22, 2000
I miss my torquey little '76 RM250. It has to have been the scariest, most exhilarating ride I have ever had, well, that is of course, until my very first ride on my '83 CR480. Both bikes made it difficult to keep the front tires on the ground, but MAN, what a rush! My mom sold my RM when I was stationed overseas and I still have trouble coping with the loss.

------------------
Why? Because new bikes are just too damned expensive!

Picture Page

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I didn't know until Vic told us about his '78 RM 125. That was my first full sized bike, I sure do miss that thing, it made me feel like Mark Barnett ... so I guess that would be my choice.
Kevin

------------------
McCune's Scottish Pub
Brews That You Can Chew!

Davie Mac

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by Douglas:
OK you guys......where do the letters HL come from in regards to an Aberg Yamaha? I built the Aberg featured in Motorcyclist in March of 79'and I also built the Protec Abergs raced by Rick, Rex, and Eric. The guy that built the frames (Profab) was a close friend. I've never heard HL associated with any of these bikes. They were Aberg Replicas, after Bengt Aberg. What gives?
[The Aberg Replica was offered by Yamaha in Britain as a 'HL', I remember the sales brochure,and a few that raced over here.]

Top Bottom