BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
i'm not really interested into vintage bikes (for mme) but they're cool and all
anyways, do many places do vintage bike racing? i saw a local place (in the southeast area, can't remember which state) that hosts specific vintage bike racing, i'd like to race that sometime, thanks

dirtdealer726

Mar 2, 2006
There are many different vintage races and series around the country. AHRMA is the biggest promoter. They have a national series and at least 10 different regional series that are spread out throughout the country. Here in Michigan, District 14/AMA has their own vintage championship. An outlaw track called MPX Racing has an 8 race series with vintage classes.

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
GOOGLE SEARCH for Vintage Racing may turn up some surprises for you in your own backyard.

Before I got shipped out of the country on business I raced briefly in a local organization in Houston TX not affliated with AHRMA. What a blast. They had all types of classes based on age, bike year, your experience level, etc. It was every other weekend in both the Spring and Fall. It was the first motocross racing I had ever done. Once I learned to not shut off (much) in the first turn and accept all that flying roaring metal all around me I did OK.

fatboy570

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2000
As zoommx said, Missouri has a series. This year was my first full year, they probably averaged 140 bikes or so all year. Zoom, did you race the movmx series this year? What class and bike? I rode historic 500 and historic 4 stroke #0 Yamaha XT 500

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
Yes I raced the series, only missed 2 races, Thayer and the rainy Moberly. I mostly raced the open age expert, some gp125 x. My kid raced the youth advanced and gp125 novice.
Roger...#491
:ride:

fatboy570

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2000
Moberly was a mess, wasnt it? Looking forward to next year. Im moving up to Sportsman 250 Int and GP or Ultima 125 Int. I havent had this much fun racing since I started about 8 years ago at the tender age of 29

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
Next year....Bultaco mkII 250 pursang and maybe an occasional pv100. I'm getting rid of the 490, gonna try to go a little slower... :)

decade377

Dec 17, 2006
Here in SoCal there are a few vintage racing organizations. I have been running with the Southwest Vintage Racing Group,in the decade class. There is also Calvmx. I have been going to the Vintage Iron word campionships at Glen Helen raceway for the last few years. Any given weekend you can see Rickman Triumph 650's, Sachs, Puch, lots of Maicos, Huskys, YZ's, DT's, all sorts of stuff.

Top Bottom