CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I have to go to Vegas next week (March 14th to 18th) for a convention. I hate conventions but the good news is that I only have to be there on the first day (Monday) and the last (Thursday). So I got to thinking…why not rent a motorcycle and do some sight seeing. I found a company (Moturis) that will rent a BMW (most only offer H-D) for a decent rate.

The question is…where do I go? The Grand Canyon is just 100 miles away. I could throw a rock and hit California. Where to go?

I’m thinking that I could ride out to the Canyon on Monday, and then go west on Tuesday and see something else. The problem is I really don’t know the southwest very well. Any suggestions from my DRN brothers and sisters?

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I've heard the cruise out to the dam is pretty cool on a motorcycle. Try asking at the rental place if they have any NON-touristy recommendations. Have fun in Vegas. Tell Elvis I said hello. :)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I've done the ride out to the damn too, in a rental car. I found it to be very painful since, as someone else pointed out, you pass tons of trails on both sides of the road. When we got to the damn, all I could think about was getting a bike and riding out in the desert.

Enjoy Vegas!

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Man, that is freaky. I am doing the same thing next week. I am taking a client and we are renting a couple of BMWs on Thursday. We plan to go west (Route 160) up to Death Valley in the morning and then see from there. We didn't want to go east, as that would mean staring into the sun all morning.
I'll be out there Monday through Friday morning. Which convention are you going to?
Where are you staying? Lets hook up!

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'm going to be at the HAI (Helicopter Association International) convention. I'm at the Las Vegas Hilton.

At this point I am taking Timr's suggestion and going on the Admo-tours day ride on Tuesday, and then heading out on the R1150GS on Wednesday. I'm leaving Las Vegas (sounds like a song...) on Thursday at noon.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'll be on the floor Monday, booth 2016, Global Aerospace.

Why don't you guys join me on Tuesday? I don't know about Wisconsin, but there are a lot of desert riding opportunities in NJ!

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Sorry to side line the topic a bit, but has anyone taken a bike into Santa Cruz? Way too much fun in the Z28. Would be a lot more fun on a bike. Twists and turns, all winding thru beautiful forrest. Gawd I miss our road trips.

Top Bottom