Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
Hey guys...i have an atv that originally the stator had gone out. so i replaced that, i then bypassed the key ignition, by connectiong the red wire and the black wire, cranked fine and worked.
I thought it was all fixed but I had to get new fuses for the line to the battery so i put one in....fried, tried another one......fried. So i unhooked the ignition and hooked it up how its supposed to be, i was out of fuses so i just hooked it up straight.....Sizzled....and now just the starter turns (the motor does not turn over at all). The voltage regulator smells horrid, and now i don't know what to do or what happend. :bang:

What would cause that,crossed wires, something grounded?
What should i do the try and fix it, rewire everything?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Badgadjit1 said:
I thought it was all fixed but I had to get new fuses for the line to the battery so i put one in....fried, tried another one......fried. So i unhooked the ignition and hooked it up how its supposed to be, i was out of fuses so i just hooked it up straight.....Sizzled....
What would cause that,crossed wires, something grounded?
What should i do the try and fix it, rewire everything?

That's what fuses are for. I woulld recommend taking it to someone that understands electrical and has test equipment to properly test it. By removing the fuse and hooking different wires together you are only going to fry something.

Oh wait, never mind you already did that. :p

Just my $ .02

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom