jcrawford1

Sep 18, 2002
I am looking for a good place to take my son to ride and get ready for the upcoming MX season this January / Feburary. We Live in Ohio and want warmer weather. Looking go go to North or South Carolina. Looking for MX Track/ Offroad parks

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
If you *really* want to get him ready, I would look at scheduling something with Ike DeJagger (Gary Semics MX Schools instructor).  There is some info at http://tntmotorsportsinc.com

TNT is also a great place to ride that is open 7 days a week.  You can even stay there if you have an RV or like camping, but they have no hookups, yet.

When are you looking at coming down?  How much travelling do you plan on doing (there are many other tracks to ride in SC and GA...I'm not too familiar with NC)?

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
Can anyone post Good tracks in the North Georgia area, I have seen one place along I-75 that appears to have 3 tracks or more, but wasn't able to stop at the time. I'm looking for something with a track for kids & a good track for me & the 250F. Just practice/no racing. Track would have to be open 7 days a week also.

jfletcher

Nov 11, 2001
I'm also looking for a place down south, probably Georgia. I'm looking for a motocross track that gets rough. I've looked at a few in the carolinas and they seem so hard packed and flat. T-N-T seemed that way and so did most of the others that I cheked out, but I don't recall thier names right now. Since I haven't ridden any of these I was hoping some one could suggest the best place to ride. It's hard to tell from the few photos of the tracks what they're really like.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Aonia Pass is between Athens and Augusta.  It is fairly hardpacked dirt, but when they work it up, they work it deep so it gets fairly rough afterwards.  They're open 7 days a week and even have some camper hookups (I believe).

The sand track and trails at Manchester State Forest near Sumter, SC get really whooped out and rough.  They are only open for riding on Sundays until hunting season ends (Maybe Jan 31?).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom