over the bar

Jan 19, 2004
Hello, recently I tried to turn on my YZ 250 and for about 5 minutes of kickstarting it nothing happened. I then replaced the plug with a new one and tried to kickstart it the bike seemed to turn on but would immediately shut off. I then took it to a mechanic in where he cut the kill switch wire and water started to drip out of it. He then said that he needed to replace the "core" in it. I am not to familiar with working on bikes and was wondering if this could be the reason why this bike won't turn on. :ugg: Thanks

Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
If the bike started and ran normal after he cut the cord I would believe him, they or you may be able to just slean the contacts thyough
my2cents

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
what he probably cut when the cut the wires was the "shrink tubing" overtop of the actual wires ,,water does collect in this because it's not sealed, the actual kill switch wiring (which he probably means is the "core") would be what's shorting it out, just try unplugging the kill switch from the wiring harness and see if it runs, if it does then problem solved (well, after you replace the switch that is) :)

Top Bottom