peterryan01

May 6, 2003
Hello,

I am interested in running WaterWetter in my antifreeze, but the thread on this site is talking about getting Evan's coolant. I run Prestone at 50/50 with Prestone Super Anti-Rust anyway, but I am interested in increasing the efficiency of my cooling system. I have read a bit about WaterWetter, which seems like a good product, but the thread on Evan's coolant caught my eye. If anybody has any ideas about this, let me know.

Thanks,

Peter

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
I'm going to guess and say that the evans product is better. I've used water wetter in my street bikes and it doesn't make *that* much of a difference. I basically just used it cause you can't use anti-freeze on a racetrack. From what I've heard about Evan's, it makes a pretty big difference.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
From everything that I have read on the forums about the products, I would say that the Evan's works and water wetter doesn't really do a whole lot. I was also told that you must follow the steps that Evan's has for draining and then flushing and so on to get their product to work to its maximum potential. Although I have never used either product, I have talked to many peolpe who have and the general outcome is Evan's over Water Wetter.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I can't say about evens one way or another, but I found water wetter to work as advertised. I used it to cure chronic boil-overs last summer. Basically, the bike was boiling over every ride when I was running 50-50 antifreeze/water mix. When I switched to a water wetter and distilled water mix the problem ceased completely.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Evans coolant is propylene glycol. It is the more enviro friendly of the glycols used in cooling systems.
Water Wetter is a totally different type of item. It is a surfactant, which helps your cooling fluid transfer heat better.
I use propylene glycol (5 bucks a gallon at any auto store) and distilled water (.75 $ at the grocery) treated with a surfactant to improve the cooling. I only use propylene glycol in the event I forget to change out fluid for the winter.
Pure water treated with a surfactant is proven to cool much better than ANY sort of coolant/water mixture.
When comparing apples to oranges, it helps to have at least tasted both to have a clue as to what you are recommending.
Never having any experience with either product makes for lame suggesting.
Why even bother??

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom