Tin Man

Mar 2, 2001
I can only speak for two areas that I have been in Wayne. One is called Perry, in the general area of Zanesville. This area has some open strip mine style areas, a little woods trails, some hills, one called the wall that looks scary, but not to difficult. It has some interesting riding and would rate it worthwhile if you are under 2 hrs away. The second area is called the boone trailhead somewhere around Nelsonville. Will need to stop at a gas station in center of town to purchase riding pass. This area depends on what kind of riding you enjoy. If you like easy, high speed trails, you might enjoy this place. It is definitely a very controlled area. All the good looking trails seem to have a trail closed sign on them. If you like single track, challenging trails, big hills, you won't like this area. If you are a family man and riding with beginers or like high speed riding on truck wide trails, a two to three hour trip would be worth it. Go to www.ohiotrails.org to see how you can help keep the best riding area in the state open.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Wayne is a pretty complex area. It pretty much stretches clear across Southern Ohio with several trail heads ie. Hanging Rock, Dorr Run, LongRidge, Perry. The area we ride (Dorr Run/LongRidge) has a main loop that is pretty easy but there is also a lot of tight single track, difficult climbs, mud, and rocks if you know where to find them. Basically a lot of Fun!! Do a search in the Places to Ride Forum and Ride Report Forum under Wayne. There's some good stuff in there.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Wayne's trails are 54 in wide. The main loop is fast and easy. If you get off on the side stuff you can find off camber, rocky,roots,ruts and mud. Some challenging hills, nothing real big. Worth a days riding.
Perry has tighter trails. Lot of big mud holes some nice hills to climb. Not as big as big as Wayne. At wayne you can camp.No camping at Perry. If you come down ride wayne sat and perry on sunday.
Bill you riding this weekend?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Tin man, perry is a state APV area not part of the wayne national forest. You need only a state APV sticker to ride there. It is one of 7 state areas in ohio.

Wayne national forest has 3 different areas. There's the Nelsonville area, the marietta area, and the ironton area. The same pass allows you to ride at either of the three areas. A season pass is only $25 and if you like woods I'd suggest purchasing the season pass. You're supposed to have at least a state APV sticker to make you legal on the roads between trails, but a plated bike is also nice. Trails range from wide open (main corridor) to pretty fun, like the dorr run loop and some of the side trails. The main loops are all hardpacked, and it's very very slick if there's any rain. The side trails are nasty in the rain, and don't dry out too much between storms. All in all it's a great place to ride for not much cash.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I'm going out of town this weekend. I got my forks back and my bike is pretty much together. I got a new front tire to put on and a new Moose Seat that should be in today. I'm riding next weekend for sure at Laurelville. Honda Hills sometime during the next week and we're probably riding Wayne April 17th (during the week). Laurelville should be fun. Let me know if you want to go.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Not sure whats going on. Getting busy at work. Have to work allmost every other weekend. Wife wants to take out the camper also. Would like to go with drew but gotta wait and see.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
andrew, look at the entry form on www.kmacycles.com bascially you don't need the spark arrestor and the tag is kinda optional. I'm still not sure if I want to risk getting caught without a plate though. you need your district card to ride I believe.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
u can sign up for the district card at the event, only 15 bucks or so, u do need ur ama card. and like jeff said i talked to the guy putting the race on and he said S.A. is not manditory, and tag is ur responsibility, they ain't gonna check for it. i have rode this event, and it is a blast, one good thing about it is that the gas is at the finish, so if u feel like p***ing out u can. hope yall come out for this one, u deffinately don't need to miss it

Top Bottom