Ender

Jun 27, 2002
Hi again all. Thanks for the support and warm welcome from my previous post.
Last night was my first real "enjoyable" ride session and it was a blast! The most memorable part of the ride was when we (my brother, dad, and I) had to cross a flooded part of the trail. The first time through my brother and I sat back and let dad test it to see if it was too deep in any parts :D After he made it through we made our way and I was proud of myself for making it since it was my third day on a bike of any kind and I didn't get off the pegs once. The water was about 1-2 feet deep and the flooded part of the trail was about 50 or so yards long.
On the way back things were a little different though. Dad went through first, so I just waited for him to get around the corner before I started out. Good thing I did to, because as I came around the corner I saw that his bike had swallowed some water and he stalled before he got to the other side. I kept on going hoping that he would get it going before I made it to him because there wasn't enough room to pass him. Any ways, I had to slow down a little bit and it got me all squirly so I ended up getting a little wet. :eek: Didn't stall or stop though so all was good.
Through out this whole trip I felt a ton more comfortable on the bike then I had previously. I was actually letting the bike doing most the work instead of the other way around, and I didn't get nearly as tired as I had before.
The only time I dumped the bike was when I was trying to turn around in a large puddle. :confused: Still gotta work on those tight turns. I ended up scratching the front fork too, guess it landed on a rock or something :whiner:
Oh well. Just telling everyone of my first real "enjoyable" ride session and looking forward to many more to come!
L8RZ! :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Hi again Ender.

Nice "Ride Report" :)

There are several different forums on this site, and some people get a little bent when someone posts in the wrong forum. (I've done it more than once or twice :eek: ). Check 'em all out! The when you want to post something, put it in the forum that fits it best. ;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Don't mind 326...he's just upset because he's never made it through the puddle! :scream:

Keep up posted (and I'll move this to the Ride/Race Report sub-forum of the General forum).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom