2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
To start with, this is meant as light hearted. This is not a "Flame" heh heh but it is off topic....

Ok ,let me preface this by saying Ive got quite a spread at
home. (Kids that is) My oldest is 15, and Ive got 4 others, 11,10,7 and 2.5

Point is, Ive seen lots of cheesy kids shows come and go over the years. Lots of VHS tapes left over...My younger children CRINGE at Barney, who my oldest just loved when he was a tot. Barney is goofy but he seems harmless enough to me.

The Teletubbies were just plain weird. We've seen alot of them over the last few years. There were rumors about them and issues.... :ohmy: HOwever, I believed in their innocence, and I tried not to apply my adult cynicism to them. I believed they were simply designed to appeal to little tots, and if they seemed a little, well I dont know...perverse, well I just chalked that up to an unfortunate circumstance.

HOWEVER....
Has anybody here witnessed a show called "Boobah"? I think thats how you spell it. Its made by the same folks who made the 'tubbies. My wife told me about it, and I had to see it for myself.
Basically, the premise for the show is to have these things move around and be fun for toddlers to watch. So basically they bounce around, jump up and down, spin around etc...etc...they are shown from all angles. the emphasis is on movements that tots can mimick, and yes indeed, my 2 year old hops up and down while chanting "Booooo-Bahhhhhh"

Im trying hard here to be tasteful, lest the FCC seize my computer, but they look for all the world like a certain piece of male anatomy. They are sort of bulbous at the bottom, bouncing around, and their heads sort of peek out of a tip at the top of this bag, or sack looking thing. In and out they go.

Makes matters worse when they show them from the top view, and they sort of have these "slits" on the top of their heads. I am so sorry, but none of us can watch these things without cracking up. I was ready to let the Teletubbies off the hook, but these things...how did they make it to TV without someone somewhere saying "Hey these things look like a bunch of ____________ hopping around!"

jeeez..... :yeehaw:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
2stroke, I was as frightened and confused as you when I first saw these things as I was flipping thru the channels one day, but it was like a train wreck: I couldn't look away! :eek:

Thankfully, my daughter is too old for that now (purt near 6), so I won't have to go thru that like the hell that was Telletubbies. :|

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
What ever happened to good 'ol violence in childrens programming?, you know Road Runner/Coyote, Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry?

These cute little whatevers will eventually control the minds of our little ones, and some adults as well.

Feb 20, 2004
well think about this a the FCC wont show a penis or a vagina on tv but they will let someone be shown spraying hair on there heads. WTF IS THAT ABOUT! THEY SHOULD HAVE SEEN THAT AND SAID NO!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Looks to me like they need circumsized.
(And bigger ballz)

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
What ever happened to good 'ol violence in childrens programming?, you know Road Runner/Coyote, Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry?

They're toooo violent!

Top Bottom