W4ys

Jun 22, 2008
Hi

Recently me and a buddy went riding. I noticed that when i got on my bike the rear suspension only went down a little then just stopped. It made for a sore ass ride.

The next week we went riding again. I noticed the same problem but it was a little better. After a few mins of riding the problem completely went away.

Now the problem seems to be back. I hop on the bike and it only moves a tad.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Take everything apart, check it. Linkage, top and bottom shock mounts, swingarm and rear axle while your at it. How much time is on the suspension? You could call MXTech and have your suspension serviced. The shock shaft is not bent is it? Realistically, the fluid is shot after a couple of races time. So what is that, 4 hours? Does it pop back when you push down, or come back smoothly?

mickyboyracer

Jun 23, 2008
yes mate definately linkages! detergent like pro-clean etc... washes out the grease and you would be amazed how quickly this happens, keep on top of greasing them, use a waterproof grease and try and re-grease them about every 2-3 rides. the same goes for swingarm and headstock bearings.
also after you have washed your bike spray all the nooks and crannys with wd40 or water displacer. good luck!

Top Bottom