OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I finish up totally with school at the end of next semester and I've been wondering about getting into welding. Not for a job, but for a hobby. I taught myself how to stick weld working on a project for my girlfriend (at the time) last summer and I really enjoyed it. My only problem is that I don't know jack about what makes a decent welder or not. I know lots of people on this board have experience with it, so what does a guy look for?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Being called P.I.T.A is no way for a kid to go through life. :)

maxkiks77

Sep 23, 2002
Tig= 1,000
face shield, self adappting magneto sequencing= 500.00 (in simple words it gets dark the instant the welder goes, then turns off when you are done pressing welder trigger).

I dont know much, execpt its hard as heck, and i always burn the heck out of the metal when i weld, but again i am only 16 and dont know jack, and have a few years to learn. thats myhsedagrh,sdzsgghli dxfughsldiufgnsdlfuhndfiulgj

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
biglou said:
Wow. That's freakin' art, Engloid. :thumb:

Could not have said it better myself.

I had to laugh at the thought of the guys that tried to repair the Yamaha frame at DW02. Their grinding and welding went well into the night.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
I had to laugh at the thought of the guys that tried to repair the Yamaha frame at DW02. Their grinding and welding went well into the night.

Quit making fun of us Damn Yankees! We only know how to break them good, not fix them good. :laugh:

gas250

Nov 22, 2003
welding is a tricky business,if you have to manage all the areas.i've been a "licenced"welder for years.
for me the trick was to follow an older welder at his work,and listen to him.
he knew all the tricks with different materials.
now i manage most of them,good luck to you,it's fun once you get started

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
That is really amazing, Engloid. You do beautiful work.

I did ok in my high school shop class but haven't done very much welding since . . . it's a lot of fun but I never pursued it as a career. I would have had a LOT to learn if I had.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Dang! I can't even make JB Weld look that smooth.

:worship:

fish525

Jun 6, 2004
IT'S A WELD BIG DEAL it was don in a shop try it in the field laying on your back in a hole or better yet at the top of of a ladder hanging out a window 15 flors up sorry just had to vent can you tell what i have did for a living for the past 15 years and yea thos are nice welds

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Patman said:
Dang! I can't even make JB Weld look that smooth.

:laugh: :rotfl: :laugh: :aj:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom