fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
With deer hunting season coming to an end....is anyone else looking forward to the 2007 racing season??
We have a lot to look forward to..more races and more locations.
First of the Family Enduro series may have SEVEN events this year. Kickoff in Roselawn and return to Roselawn for the season finale (same weekend as the Upland enduro). During the season we will make stops at our traditional locations - Kalkaska, Marquette, and Moorestown. We are hoping to add Harrison and Wolverine to the schedule this year. If we have seven events, we will count the best five finishes and anyone who attends all seven events can plan on a special award at the banquet.
We are looking at 10 D14 events in Michigan and Indiana (maybe a return trip to Wolverine). This many events will allow for 3 "drops". The schedule will be finalized this weekend.

How many of you register for District 15 in addition to D14? I know most of my group does and we did quite well in both districts. As many as nine of the events on our schedule may be on the D15 schedule too. An idea that is being discussed is to expand the D14 Enduro/Hare scrambles banquet to include D15 enduro division and have the event in Lansing AFTER the first of the year (no deer hunting, no holidays and no rush to finalize the points). If this idea becomes a plan, I will post more details.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
I have never ridden a enduro. Can someone point me to a websight that explains the basics of what I need to know ? I"ll never be competative but they sound like fun.
Thanks

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The proposed D15 schedule has 15 events on it - 4 states - MI, IN, IL and Ohio. The initial conversations about a combined banquet have been well received. Currently, the D15 banquet involves all divisions - MX, Trials, Road, Enduro, HS etc.....

SNDMN2 - check out www.d14enduro.org

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Sndmn2,
Talk To Trash Rider When You Hook Up At The Indoor Mx Track. He's Been Riding Enduro's For Years And Can Tell You Everything You Need To Know.
Dave L.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Rick - When the riding and fun come first, being competative takes care of itself. An enduro is just a Sunday cruise through the woods following the arrows.

Rotten Sucker

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
A couple of updates...combining the D14 and D15 banquet did not meet approval of the D15 District board. Oh well.....

On a positive note...I got a call from the Muddobbers. They are considering a Family event for 2007. We may have EIGHT events in the Family series and we may need to adjust the schedule. More info to follow. (FT - this is the thing that I forgot yesterday).

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
fatherandson said:
A couple of updates...combining the D14 and D15 banquet did not meet approval of the D15 District board.
Any idea what their concerns or objections were?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
No. Their banquet is combined with the other divisions - mx, dirt track, etc...
I get the impression the District pays for the banquet awards and has more control of the banquet. I will check it out in February. One thing I know already...the cost of their banquet is much less expensive - $15.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom