Well, I am unimpressed

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000

Well I'm certainly no expert. You are right about that though because a hard-charging MX'er wouldn't get the 25 hours that I get out of my KX. He (or she) is looking at a top end every 15 or so hours.

I guess once you get past the timimg issues (chain, cam position) it is straight forward. I'm slowly comming around.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
rv6junkie said:
I guess once you get past the timimg issues (chain, cam position) it is straight forward.
... and that part is so simple and so well documented as to be a non-issue. :cool:

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
Heck, I ride 15 hours every two weeks! That'd be a top end every month and a half with a 50 hour service interaval. . .

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: crf250 service intervals:

One thing sure....if you don't check the oil every hour, you will be finding the mandatory service interval to be about sixty-one minutes.

OK, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. Don't imagine the -r is different and the -x uses oil at a high rate. In one ride's time the -x I rode went from plumb full to not showing on the stick......with the stick threaded all the way in!

That's pretty handy.

RE: sound level testing
Those tests vary hugely by equipment used and its use. Last local event tech guys used a preprinted sheet that listed all bikes made and the rpm at which the SPL should be checked.

......they couldn't find my oddball 2000 KDX 200 on that list! It checked @ 94db. Just two weeks before it was 99db checked by the same crew.

RE: con/di and verging:
Those heat'n blue marks are there for some reason other than just plain prettiness?

OK. Now I can say I've seen one.

'The valve seat..' Exhaust I presume? Is one exhaust valve more of a problem than the other? The 'forked rocker' makes me wonder if the valves 'wear' the same. Woods or track? Did it have a rad fan?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…