Seth_88

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2000
Went to the doctor yesterday...

for the first time since dislocating/breaking my wrist. The first thing the nurse said as he started taking my splint off was "Your film(x-rays) were quite impressive". That is not what I wanted to hear. The doctor said that I broke 2 bones in my wrist and dislocated everything else. After the splint came off, I just about got sick looking at the pins(4 of them) and stitches. I had a big cast up to my elbow put on, and have to wear it for 4 weeks and then have the pins removed. He told me to not to expect to be back on the bike until this spring. This is the first major injury I've had in 18 years of riding/racing, which is pretty good I guess. It's going to be hard to put this out of my mind when I ride again. How did you guys deal riding the first time after a major injury?

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I dont know man. Ill tell ya if I can or cant do it when I can ride in a feww weeks (I hope). Good luck with the recovery!

jaliveto

Apr 5, 2002
I just started riding since I broke my neck 11 months ago. I am doing fine now. First ride was a bit sketchy. My advice is to wear something protective over the injured part even if you don't need it. It will gve you confidence. IE. wrist brace. Also, take it easy. Ride well below your ability and just enjoy the fact you can ride again. Gradually step it up. Also- REHAB , REHAB, REHAB

Foxpilot

Jul 24, 2002
Ive been riding 4 times since breaking my femur on June 9th of this year. I feel fine, but if I crash im sure my knee will hurt (leg is still pretty weak, PT still.)

davefire24

Jul 30, 2002
I took it easy for the first few rides just to get the confidence back after i broke 2 bones in the hand and sprained the wrist i wore a cast for six weeks. The muscles take some time to get back to were they were. It sometimes is tender but over all i have the confidence back to tear things up.

Top Bottom