kevin c.

Jan 28, 2003
Let us know how it works, I have had pretty bad (head shake) on my kdx at high speeds, I have tried several adjustments and I have thought about one of these things also. What is your reason for getting one?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by Braahp
Mine fit better when i went ahead and drilled the frame. I had too much angle when I used the "big" hole of frame.
As long as you position the steering head bracket as low as possible in the hole, and use the thicker spacers on the arm, the angle is very slight. The bracket bolt actually rests along the bottom of the hole.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Thanks for the install information.

Kevin C.,
I ride in alot of sandy trails and grass tracks (higher speed). And do all day rides. Wanted something to help control the front end and less work for me on those all day deals. Also in the sandy trails their seems to always be those roots that you never see at the bottom of a rut.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I have seen people just cut the bottom of their headlight plastic, does this work with the headlight bracket, or instead of?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The WER headlight mounting/relocating kit for the KDX is overpriced for what it includes, but it does allow the headlight assembly to be raised about an 1". You could mock up something yourself to work for a lot cheaper, but the kit has everything you need from the get-go.

You still have to cut away part of the air scoop plastic of the headlight assembly so the actuating arm does not hit anything. The relocating kit just allows you to cut away a lot less plastic, and is a cleaner installation.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Yep, FRPoffroad.com has them for $330.00
Dennis Kirk (I think) has them too, but at $350

I put mine on today :) it goes on very easy and nice. Cut the number plate and it looks real good. I just need a good day to ride and give it a test. Got Works Connection Frame guards on today too.

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
I passed on the head light relocating kit. I found these...um...er, well I don't really know what they're called but I found them at Lowe's. They're sort of like clamps for holding conduit to a wall but they're smaller. Here's a link to a picture of my WER installion that shows how I used the thingamajigs to raise my head light. I DID NOT have to cut away any plastic. Mounting the headlight this way has allowed some "give" which IMO is good so that the headlight shell does crack as easily on get offs

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kawasaki-kdx/lst?.dir=/ChuckyBoy+KDX&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

I also did not drill through the frame to mount the bracket. I used the ready made 1 inch hole.

For what it's worth.

Chuck

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Smitty,

Try this link. It should work...hopefully.

Man this dial up sux! I need to get out of the stone age and get some broadband access! Uploading takes for ever!

Chuck

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Smitty,

Try this link. It should work...hopefully..

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/?ai=4290610411

Man this dial up sux! I need to get out of the stone age and get some broadband access! Uploading takes for ever!

Chuck

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Sorry Chucky, it's just not your day!

ImageStation requires that you join just to view other people's photos. I'm not about to join yet another site.

E-mail me the pics and I'll post them to my public Webshots account if you want.

If you are on dial-up and the images are large, it would speed things up a lot if you Zipped them first before e-mailing.

If you are not interested in doing this, post back as I'd like to remove my e-mail address from this thread.

Thanks...

Last edited:

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Smit-Dog,

I just sent you an email with an attached picture of the headlight relocating work around. Thanks for being patient.

Go ahead and edit/delete your post with the email addy. I wouldn't be suprised if a Bot has already scoured the net and picked up your addy. You'll probably be on a dozen new spam list now. Sorry about that.

Hopefully the picture will help you or someone else.

Later,
Chuck

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by ChuckyBoy
... I wouldn't be suprised if a Bot has already scoured the net and picked up your addy. You'll probably be on a dozen new spam list now.

Naaaa, don't worry about it. It's a special e-mail account I have set up just for these circumstances. Different from my main e-mail account.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Nice WER mod ChuckyBoy, and you probably saved $15 in the process. Bonus was you didn't have to cut the headlight assembly at all.

Now did you have to do anything on the top mounting brackets/holes? Or did you just reverse the bracket to raise it?

And do the conduit brackets have rubber insides?

:thumb:

Attachments

• wer_with_conduitbracket.jpg
    wer_with_conduitbracket.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 188

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Smit-Dog,

I just used two more "conduit" brackets for the top install. Same exact principle...left the original bracket bolted to the triple clamp and used the "conduit" bracket to reach up to the mount on the headlight shell.

And yes, the "conduit" bracket is lined with rubber... completely on the inside then the rubber wraps up over the edges.

Like I said previously, I'm not really sure what that piece is called or what its used for. I found it at Lowe's in some drawers where they had other auto and specailty fasteners... a buck or two for a bag to two of them. Four are needed for the rig up.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Ciao,
CHuck

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom