ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
I know...I know. I've really been meaning to subscribe. It's a great deal considering the amount of information that is shared on the these boards. The board has definitely helped me learn about my bike and how to fix/maintain it.

See ya,
Chuck

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Make sure the length of the tie-rod is adjusted to allow the triple clamp to hit the stops before the WER action hits its limit.

The instructions make this clear. Failure to read and heed will certainly lead to failure of your WER.

..yes, I did read 'em...and my install is just fine! ;)

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
I'm not really sure what that piece is called or what its used for
They're called Adel clamps, and I must have installed a million of them. Used for wiring harnesses on aircraft. If you knew how much wiring is inside a modern bomber you'd be shocked. And those things are what fasten the harness to the bulkheads, stringers, etc.

I left the headlight assembly at standard height, and cut off the 'air scoop' section at the bottom. Then just flipped the lower bracket around backwards and rotated up 90 degrees, attached to a short piece of 1" aluminum angle. Fastened the aluminum angle to the fork tubes with a pair of 2 1/8" adel clamps. Used rubber grommets everywhere to reduce vibe transfer.

Total installation added another 3 or 4 ounces to the weight, and the headlight is at the standard height/attitude.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Got Pics? ;) I couldn't understand a word you said (Or couldn't picture it anyway) :o

Oh BTW... Monkeybutt has the WER dampers for $314.99!!!! Check this LINK near the bottom. Just found em today!

Last edited:

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Interesting exercise figuring out how to post pics. Thanks to all who helped...

First one if front view of installation. Modification to headlight was limited to removing the 'air scoop' at the bottom. Kept it at stock height/attitude.

Attachments

• kdx_rf_angle.jpg
    kdx_rf_angle.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 109

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Side view of aluminum bracket used for bottom mount. Used the original KDX bracket, flipped it upside down and attached to headlight shell with a couple of added holes. Rubber grommets used at all attachment points.

Attachments

• hl_mount_sideview_a.jpg
    hl_mount_sideview_a.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 113

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom