trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Hey guys,
I just bought a piston assembly kit for my front brake master cylinder. Dealers and friends told me I had to buy the kit because both tiny cups aren't sold seperately. I was a bit dissapointed when I saw in my small bag containing the kit that those little cups weren't even installed on the piston! HELL they could sell them seperately!!! Is there any reason why I should pay 50 bucks for that kit when it could cost only a dollar or two!

That's not all! I gently install both cups on the piston. I slide the kit through the cylinder and I feel a bit of resistance so I pull it out immediately. Now the primary cup has a chunk of rubber gone at its edge. I look at this tiny thing and say ''we'll here's 50 bucks thrown in the garbage!''

If money wasn't a problem for me I'd be running with a brand new bike but it's not the case.

Anyone have any solutions for me? I don't want to waste another 50 bucks and I'd like my front brake to work! BTW why did the primary cup break when I inserted it in the cylinder?

Sorry for the long post! WHAT A PISS OFF

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Honda sells the kits for much less than the other brands. Assuming your working on a NISSIN m/c, it works just fine.

I agree with you 100%. I was pissed when I found my kit in the same shape (yamaha).

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Are those master cylinders (Nissin) of year 00 standard to all brands 125's? I still can't believe those cups aren't available seperately! :yell:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Any other suggestions?

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The cups are good for damn near any bike going WAY back. Yamaha used a off brand m/c for several years, but otherwise its all good.

Try the Honda kit. You will be shocked at how much cheaper it is.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Ok thanks! And any idea why a chunk of rubber got off the edge of the primary cup when I inserted the piston into the cylinder? Do I need to lube or grease this thing? Any other things I should know?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Thanks. I'm so tired with this that I'm thinking about buying a used master cylinder! Again the word ''used'' scares me :yell:

Top Bottom