Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
careful when opening that back door.....  :scream: stuff is stuffed in there in every nook and cranny and may just come tumbling out............... there was one room of furniture left, but no more room in the truck.... (I think it was planned thus!) so he gave it to a recently-divorced neighbor, a good cause.

Bob and Thump will have fun extracting all that stuff.... :p

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Welcome to Oklahoma, Okie. Look forward to reading how you put the house together. Remember to put the bikes in the bedroom and the bed in the garage. :laugh:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I'm happy to hear that they made it home in one piece. :thumb:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
departure moment...

look at that rear end sag.....

Attachments

• moving time.jpg
    moving time.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 102

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Pokie
I hope they didn't encounter headshake from improper race sag ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Pokie
departure moment...

Should have consulted with Jeremy. ;)   Have fun and remember, "Lift with the knees!"

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by BSWIFT

Should have consulted with Jeremy. ;)   Have fun and remember, "Lift with the knees!"

Naw ... Lift with David ... on three now :laugh:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Smitty
Okie, I use to drive 24' Ryder trucks all over the country for work. Anytime I had to go more than 2 hours, I cut a cruise control stick!! Just a 2x2 long enough to wedge between the seat and gas pedal. :eek:

Just gotta remember to kick that SOB outta the way if you need to stop!!!

P.S. Not a recommended technique, those were the actions of a 17 y/o.

Smitty -

Did you come up with a similar device for your bike? I was wondering if that might be the reason that you put your bike in the lake at the Badlands that time. Did you forget to dis-engage the "cruise control" ?? :p

-jeffd

Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Sweet!
800 miles in that rattle trap sucked, but we are here and in the house... just got my connection up... first post from OK. Guess I better get out there and help Thump finish unloading the truck :)

More later.

Okie -

Welcome back to the proper side of the Mason-Dixon line ;)
If I wasn't 1/2 round the world I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you unload.
I hope that you didn't use Smitty's cruise control device. Obviously you didn't b/c you made it safely!

-jeffd

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
:p

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Tell ya what... turning in that truck ranks right up there with some of my favorite memories!

Thanks to Thump for the help!!!

It's all here, including the DRN wagon parked behind the fence. Ah yes, the simple things in life; I can actually keep my trailer here!! (hidden) That's another $250/year (trailer storage) of the cost of living, lol.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Looks like you need to update your profile.  Still says:  From: Northern Illinois

:)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Tell ya what... turning in that truck ranks right up there with some of my favorite memories! 

Okie, after driving Lafferty's rig for a week, I know your pain of turning size of a truck and backing up is nearly impossible without two spotters.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
Then the bug that buzzed your ear as you were studing it's bulbus ass? LOL

Wasp boy strikes again ?????????? :eek:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
AH, departure and arrival, all in the same thread :thumb:  Sounds to me things went smoothly and uneventful. A wonderful thing. Good luck to Okie & family in their new home!

Top Bottom