dingusbird

Jul 18, 2010
Hey dudes I'm 20 210 lbs athletic no experience with dirtbikes wanting to get ride in the arizona desert no racing 6 feet 2 tall, looking to give my quad to my cousin and go out in the desert on some trails

Only considering two strokes , yz250? Ktm250xc-w? wr250????

Thanks

Last edited:

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
You may or may not know that Yamaha stopped making the WR250 2 stroke in 1998...they are great trail bikes, but hard to find. The YZ would be geared all wrong for desert riding...too tall 1st and close range gearing.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Like JB said, a 2 stroke WR250 will be at least 12 years old. I have one, they are good bikes and with the wide ratio transmission are pretty good for trail riding but they are on the old side.

A 250 two stroke is going to be difficult to learn on, but it will be a bike that you will enjoy once you gain the experience. The only question is if it kills or discourages you first. With the quad experience you will stand a decent chance of learning two wheels quickly so it might not be too bad.

What is your budget? If you can afford it I would go for a newer bike as it has a better chance of being in better shape and aftermarket parts are easier to come by.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom