rider-09

May 27, 2008
1) your physical size 5foot 6 150 ponds
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? moderate
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? traild woods and the motocross track
4) Do you have any riding experience?yes
5) Do you think you will race ? not sure i might just stay with riding the track
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? No only very small things
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? no i would like to stay with 4 stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?yes all brands
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? what ever it costs for a good used bike
10) Do you live in California? No
11) Your age? 14
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

Hi I am looking for a new bike down the road. I ride trails and track. I like the crf 250r would i be making a mistake. If so what bike should I get. And how much maintence is involved with the bikes. Thanks

Convert

Apr 21, 2007
In all honesty, any of the current 250F's are amazing bikes. Make your choice based on reliability, access to service, and comfort on the bike. Yamaha has the best reputation as far as durability goes with Honda a close second. I personally like the fact that Honda keeps the tranny oil with the tranny and the motor oil with the motor. As far as maintenance goes, keep the air and oil filters clean, change the oils often and keep the bike off the rev limiter. Don't be scared off by the internet hype claiming that 4 strokes are a disaster waiting to happen. Maintain whichever bike you choose and it will repay you with hours of reliable fun. Do be aware that if you do have a significant mechanical breakdown, 4 strokes are more expensive to repair. I have had both 2 strokes and 4 strokes and have never experienced a problem with either model.

Top Bottom