Darkkoresh88

Apr 19, 2006
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
4) Do you have any riding experience?
5) Do you think you will race ?
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) im 14, 123 lbs, 5,6.
2) ill get more aggresive the more i ride
3) prarie feilds, pretty steep hills, some trail riding, will take it to the track in town (only plan on racing my freinds though...)
4) i rode a REALLY old suzuki 250 2-stroke but thats about it
5) race my freinds, may race competitivly once or twice this summer
6) me and my dad can fix it if something happens
7) looking at dr-z's, and cr150f, fourstroke or 2 8) getting bike after i move so not sure
9) below $3000

btw i want a bike that won't bottom out off jumps, and will be able to climb hills.
thanks alot =)

Last edited:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Well, the DRZ's and CRF150F will bottom off jumps and can't really climb a lot of hills as they're pretty under powered. Honestly I think you would be better off with a two-stroke like the KX100 or maybe a 125 motocross bike. Also, a KDX200 would fit you well but it isn't the greatest motocross bike.

Darkkoresh88

Apr 19, 2006
well it doesn't need to be a race bike, i just wanna be able to hit jumsp and climb hills, is there any four-stroke that can do that?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Why are you dead set against a two-stroke? There is fourstrokes that can jump and hill climb, but they're more performance oriented and require A LOT of maintenance or they will grenade on you. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with a KX100 or KDX200.

Darkkoresh88

Apr 19, 2006
well, im gunna ask my dad about 2-stroke, i think noise is an issue, but when im near houses ill just ride in low gear.

so ill try to talk him into it :blah:
i accually want a 2-stroke more than 4 so i hope he considers...

racer965

Apr 13, 2006
get

get the 2 stroke belive me my dad the same excact thing it was the BIGGEST mistake of my life i bought a brand new four stroke for 2 and a half grand and there so mild i sold it a year later and am now in search of a 125 or 250 2 stroke.

Darkkoresh88

Apr 19, 2006
well, i'm looking at spending $3000 or less, could i get maybe a 2002-2003 kx for that?
i think im looking towards a kx becuase i wanna hit some jumps :ride:
climbing hills is a MUST becuase its pretty hilly where im gunna be living

Top Bottom