MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Smith warp stars with the yellow lense. I like how these goggles strap up real qwick when putting them on. The plastic straps on the side connecting to the goggles make adjustments easier. Plus the yellow lense just pain rocks under all lighting.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Scott No Sweat III Blue Lense... love them.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Smith Smith Smith Smith

I use Smith Warp Star's and Smith Warp Airflows. Both have the awesome sweatbuster foam. The Airflows come with vented lenses which reduce fogging. Roll-offs are available for them - but I prefer tear offs. MANY different lens type/color selections: clear, grey, sol-x, gold lite, yellow, blue, green, rose, chrome and different venting options. The Warps fit me great (little smaller face). They are all that my friends wear, too :)

I wore Scotts in the past and had a very bad experience with them (the 89's I think). They slid down my nose during a race (sweaty nose) and I could not breathe. Had to keep pushing my helmet & goggles up. It was very annoying (especially at a Loretta Lynn regional)!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I've used Scott goggles for years. The turbo-flo was the best ones I've ever tried...until NOW..
The wife, sweety that she is, bought me some new Okleys with the little attack mask attachment. This is very, very cool. The goggles themselves are a bit lower profile than any I've had, plus the addition of the nose guard make it safer than any other goggle. They also are good for for keeping the fog down..good air flow.
I haven't had the chance yet, but I'm certain that a good face plant in a deep whoop will be better served by these "protective" goggles....give em a look!

crb

Oct 14, 2001
I have Scott goggles and they fog up all the time, no matter what type of anti-fog I use. I might be just too hot headed. I am thinking of drilling some small holes on the outer edges of the lenses to create air flow. Any comments or suggestions?:mad:

scandi

Feb 14, 2002
Scott Turbo Flow

I just bought a pair of Scott Turbo Flows and like them, however be careful of the double lense models with the coating. I scratched them on the second day trying to wipe dust from the inside of the lense. $13 later for a new lense!!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I have Oakleys now but have used Scott's as well. Both fog up when I stop moving and the lenses on both got scratched up easily. I even keep them in the bag they come with when I'm not using them. I don't know how they are getting scratched so badly. :think
I prefer the oakleys. I may try the Smiths though.

Originally posted by RMjeff
If your a trail rided like I do you should try the quick strap for your googles.
I just put the quick straps on my goggles last night. I could NOT get the side with the little button off the strap!! Finally I just applied it with the strap and goggles attached and then was able to get it off with some struggle.

dodgedogjb

Jul 25, 2001
I bought a $20 pair of Spy's just to have an exta pair. They fog up incredibly easy, even after putting anti-fog on them. I actually use a pair of Scott snowboarding goggles I have had for about 7 years. They are gettting a little scratched but for some reason they hardly fog at all. I have a pair of Oakley's that I paid about $80 for that I use snowboarding...they work great for that but I don't want to get them dirty riding my bike so I'm not sure how they would perform for riding.

Joel

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
Pro Grip with the light sensing lens. Great comfort, great foam, don't fall apart like Scotts seem to do now (they used to be much more durable, but I've had to trash all of mine from torn foam). The Pro Grips are a little harder to find but worth it. Also a little pricer as the light sensing lens costs more, but it's also no-fog.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I'll second the Pro Grips. Never had an issue with fogging in any kind of conditions. The light sensitive feature works it. Always has a light tint to them but they don't get overly dark either. They work well for woods riding where your going from heavily wooded areas to wide open spaces.

Steve

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I really enjoy my Scott "No sweat II" goggles. I had a cornea transplant several years ago in my right eye. I am forced to wear a hard contact lens in that eye. One speck of dirt in that eye will usually send me to the emergency room or back to the eye surgeon for a "re-plating" The foam is very thick and no dust gets through. I would pay 300.00 for a set of goggles to protect my eye, but I have not found anything that stops dirt better. My goggle collection looks like I robbed a motorcycle shop , but these are my personal favorites.

savage

May 30, 2003
A lot of goggles are sold with anti fog coating on the inside, and the manual will tell you never ever to wipe the inside as it scratches easily. Instead rinse with water and preferably air dry, or if you have to clean, just dab the water off with the cloth included with the goggles or with soft clean cotton t-shirt, never paper. Oakly claims their outer coating is harder than anyone elses, and I have a pair of sunglasses that I wear daily that is scratch-free for about 14 months, and a pair of snowboarding goggles unscratched for an 80 day season as well, and usually I tear that stuff up.

Top Bottom