What color for background accents?

What accent color w/ black backgrounds, white plastic kit (photo below), & red rims?

• Total voters

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Here's the plastic kit.... white CRF, but I'm going with red rims. The question is: what background accent color should I do with black backgrounds? Silver? Red? Yamaha Blue? Something else?

Attachments

• HO260460-TAWH.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 205
  • swatch_600.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 201

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I think I would go with red, Nikki. That bike is going to look sweet!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Well he IS older then me so don't listen to his mumblings :rotfl:
But even at his advanced age, red still looks good on that bike :laugh:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Very sweet bike! :cool:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
kawicam250 said:
i think red would make it just blend in with the other Honda's, id go with orange.

yeeeaaaahhh :coocoo:

she's running a white plastic kit if you didn't read her original post.

my personal preference would be red. just because of the fact the rims are red...i like to keep it down to two primary colours on my bike.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I picked red, that would blend it all together nicely. Have some of the PS guru's make a few for ya!!!! Then you could get the little red engine plugs to go with it. And the red triple clamps. Lol, that way you'll have a reason to get trick stuff, so it'll match.

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
If you go with red rims, I reckon get silver accents OR you could go with black rims and then get red accents I saw a bike with this colour scheme and it was awsome. Black rims look nice on white honda's, it makes good contrast.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I already have the red rims, so that's a done deal..... looks like red is leading the way... would probably pull in the rims nicely.... although silver would look neat too, since the backgrounds are black? Ahh, I guess I'm leaning towards red.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
If you are racing it, shouldn't you go with the background/number color combination called out in the rules?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
She is...she's asking for the ACCENTS...ex. pin stripe, color from the airbox back to and kind of around the plate. The color that will go around the black background and white numbers.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
MXGirl230 said:
She is...she's asking for the ACCENTS...ex. pin stripe, color from the airbox back to and kind of around the plate. The color that will go around the black background and white numbers.
:bang:

I'd go red since the wheels will be red. Too many different colors looks real gawdy.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I voted red because I think the silver may be a little to subtle. Post the pic's after you decide would like to see the finished product. It looks great so far I'm sure it will just get better.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
The number plates and front fender on that bike get lost, there are small red accents on the rear fender and the rad shroud. So stick with the theme that you started and add red accents to the plates and fender, they will pop out at you then :nod:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I'd definitely go with the red too Nikki - too many colors will be too much.

kew_cr125

Feb 11, 2007
I was watchin' Bacon ride yesterday at McCulloch's and he had a fourstroke yamaha 250. real nice white plastic, all silver colored graphics with silver backgrounds and black numbers. Looked real sharp, but not quite as cool as say, chrome plastics? They got chrome spray-paint now, but has anyone ever had chrome plastic without it chipping off after the first ride?
I would go red (or pink if you like) METALLIC backgrounds with white or black numbers.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Silver! Or eleven, whichever.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…