What colored arrows are most visible to you?

What colored arrows are most visible to you on an enduro course?

• Total voters

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
What colored arrows are most visible to you on an enduro course? I realize that the most visible color scheme may be dictated by terrain and time of year, so please add those details too if relevant.

FWIW, I prefer a bright / florescent orange background with a black arrow. I think this is most visible in the woods and open areas any time of year except fall when the leaves are changing. In that case, black arrows on bright blue works, or really any combination that uses blue.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I really don't think there is one answer to this....well, maybe there is.
I think the color of the arrow is secondary to the placement and quantity of arrows...and of course, lets not forget that the amount of oxygen in your blood may have something to do with the visibility of arrows.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i went with black arrow------white bg , when actually orange bg is probably better but where i ride theres so much orange yellow blue crap painted or tied on to trees ive grown accustomed to ignoring it. so when i see a dnr sign i can rely on that , ive grown accustomed to not missing them . theyre usually b+w

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
Black arrow with orange background is what we use in Canada. I get all screwed up when I ride in Michigan with those black and white arrows.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Blue on white works best for me.
Many of the events here in district 36 are ran in manzanita which has orange leaves. A few of the clubs use black on orange & I can never see them.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
mxcoach said:
ones with naked girls on them

:rotfl: How about nekkid girls holding the arrows?!?!

Black on Orange seems to dominate around here, except for the X for wrong way which always seems to be black on white.

I have not seen any Blue on White, but I bet that would work well.

In the "for whatever it is worth catagory" most of our trees around here are a really dark green. Cedar predominates in North Texas riding areas and Pines in the Southeastern part of the state. Mesquite is the only exception and I would call it a medium green. Fall is not an issue as it only lasts a week usually.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I voted for blue with white background. The orange ones we have used didn't last long enough for me to really evaluate them. (They were not laminated so they faded in a mater of weeks) We also use a lot of red and I think I'm so used to it that its more the change of color that makes the blue stand out. So blue...I think. :think:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
DWreck said:
... The orange ones we have used didn't last long enough for me to really evaluate them. (They were not laminated so they faded in a mater of weeks)
For purposes of the survey, assume that the colors won't fade and the paper won't droop when wet.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Smit-Dog said:
For purposes of the survey, assume that the colors won't fade and the paper won't droop when wet.

Dropping primarily occurs when people don't know how to properly staple them to the tree. Most arrows won't fold over or droop when wet if you put 5 staples in it, one in each corner and one in the center. When the tree is small in diameter, just improvise, but never put all the staples in a line or it will fold over from the top or the side.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
cnielse5 said:
I say blue background and orange arrow.
Have you ever been tested for color blindness? :think:

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
funny you mention that, I was tested for color blindness and I am partially color blind.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
.... with that as your preferred color scheme... :nod:

rm_dave

Aug 23, 2005
Red arrow-white b/g is all I have ever followed. Never thought about any other colors. But the orange b/g if it is blaze should stand out very well against all backgronds.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Arrows.........? All I ever see are "W's"

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I like Black arrows on White background. I like red for Xs and Ws, either way you check up. And any visible color scheme for mileage and other information.

Norman Foley

Nov 14, 2001
Black arrow on orange background is best. My club has tried black arrow on white and very hard to see with sunlight filtering through leaves. Our last "W's" were printed on green background, they are next to impossible to see. Of course as I sat at our last club meeting it was a sea of gray beards and reading glasses, so what can we see. Young guys only seem to be able to see their front fender and the 10 feet of rut in front of it though.

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
The classic black/white combo works fine for me. The white sticks out to me, and I've never had a problem seeing the black arrow. Then again I spend more time looking at the trail ahead of me, so I see corners anyways. The signs that really come in use are those "Stop Ahead" signs.. Without those I could have wound up on the ground because of sudden stops.

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
I would like to modify the previous request to (HOT) naked girl with blk/org arrow in one hand and ice cold blue moon (hop pop) in the other.Even I would see that!

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Something rarely considered is the fact that many guys are red/green colorblind. That means red arrows or flags are not always very visible with green or brown background (dirt, shrubs, trees, etc)

Something to consider...

teamgrizzly

Nov 25, 1999
Up here in Canada, we use black arrows on a florescent orange background. Racers get a really, really bad case of tunnel vision.

I really recommend not using green arrows since we tried that up here and we found deer were eating them on race day. :(

Mike

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Chuck Norris is Helen Keller's favorite color

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…