Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Well, at that, we could respond with tons and tons of bikes..

Be a little more precise..

Where and what type of riding are you going to be doing? Do you have any experience with riding at all? Do you have future plans to race, etc.. things like that?

If your going to be riding in mostly trails and open feilds, and even occasional tracks, the Kawsaki KDX is right up your alley. At that height, you seem pretty tall for a 15 year old, so try and sit on a KDX 200 and see how you fit on that.. if you find it a bit to small, and you want to grow into the bike, then go for the 220..

motocross211

Jul 30, 2003
I have never rode a dirtbike before. I am going to be mostly riding in open fields and occasionally go to the track. I what something that isn't to crazy because i never even rode a dirt bike before. My friend has a dirtbike and he said to start with a xr100r or ttr125. What do you think???

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Originally posted by motocross211
I have never rode a dirtbike before. I am going to be mostly riding in open fields and occasionally go to the track. I what something that isn't to crazy because i never even rode a dirt bike before. My friend has a dirtbike and he said to start with a xr100r or ttr125. What do you think???

I think you are WAY too big for an XR100. Even though it is a GREAT beginner bike, you are going to outgrow it in minutes and really wish you got something else..

Again, I think the KDX is for you. Money is always a factor, and the KDX is $4,000 new. But then again, you can always buy used what I would deffinetly reccomend doing.. Whatever dirtbike your friend has, try to get the hang of it, learn the very basics, learn how to let out the clutch, shift, handle it and get used to it before you step on the KDX if thats what you would want to get.

So.. yes.. check out the Kawasaki KDX ;)

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Check out the sizes for yourself in person and sit on them and see which one you feel most comfortable on.

But deffinetly atleast ride your friends bike and get the basics down before you would ride a KDX. You will have tons of fun on it when you get the basics down..

But besides the size.. I have actually heard that the KDX 200 suprisingly has greater top end and it will be a bit faster at top speed, but the 220 has significantly better low and mid end speed.

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Are you asking me where do I ride in Englishtown? Or.. where do I ride..? Englishtown? As in Raceway Park? BTW - I live in Englishtown! :)

There are TONS of feilds, construction sites, trails, and farms nearby..

Personally I dont like Raceway Park. There is a place called NJORVP in Chadsworth New Jersey which I am SURE you have probably heard of. I head down there alot.. great place. If your friend has a YZ125 im sure he has heard of it, or has been there, or if not, you guys should deffinetly go when you get your bikes :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom