mcgee1516

Aug 16, 2006
hey, i just bought a 2000 ttr125 and have been riding it for about a week. So i was riding today and noticed a clicking and an occasional light grinding noise which i assume is coming from the valves. I have been a 2 stroke man and am new to thumpers and unfortunatly know absolutely nothing about valves : (. Should this be a reason for concern? Should i take it by a local shop? Thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Based on the limited description and seemingly low knowledge of the bike I'd get it looked at by a professional just to make yourself feel more comfortable.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Don't run the engine until you (or someone) determine the cause of the grinding noise.

Grinding = expensive

mcgee1516

Aug 16, 2006
nope....and i usually notice the noise when im idling. this is so frustrating, i wish i took the time to read up on vavles and cams before i invested in a 4t :bang: .

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Take it down and have it looked at by a professional. An few dollars of pervention is worth saving a couple thousand in damages.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
just a thought, but you could be mistaking a grinding from the engine for something loose in the frame.

I had a similar sound on my nephew's KLX110. It was a bolt that had loosened, and was rotating in at idle. We tightened it up, and no more grind.

Poptart

Aug 3, 2006
IndyYZ85 said:
just a thought, but you could be mistaking a grinding from the engine for something loose in the frame.

I had a similar sound on my nephew's KLX110. It was a bolt that had loosened, and was rotating in at idle. We tightened it up, and no more grind.

yeah that will happen sometimes. :cool:

Top Bottom