yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
What do you all do while riding? While I ride I (okay call me a stupid dreamer) dictate a race with either #4 or #199. Also I sing. It seems those things do well to get my blood surging. Somebody else out there must do something, tell me about it.

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
I giggle like a little girl! If you want to have something to think about while riding then try racing an enduro. :cool:

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Humming 'Flight of the Valkaries' and looking out for new wires seem to consume all my senses, especially at night.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I have found out that if I think too much when riding I crash. I just try to keep my front tire on the trail, if I can do that I’m happy.

Lee Wilson

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I think about not crashing! :think That and I talk out loud to myself. Stand up, brake, set forward in the turn, weight the outside peg!

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Originally posted by Truespode
I usually do the pucker up with my butt, squeze the bars so tight that the grips split and piss all over myself when I go over a jump more then 10 feet.

If I ride for a long time (as in an Enduro) around mile 60 or 70 I usually have a brief attack of vomit followed by an extended attack of the dry heaves.

Shortly there after I'm swearing that I'll never ride again... ever.

Then I go home. Sleep and wake up only to dream of doing it all again.

ROTFLMAO:)
I think I do all of the Truespode tricks. It took me some time to learn them but I've got' em down now.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Usually nothing if i'm by myself, but get me around a group of riders. Watchout! I fool around, do stupid stuff, and have them all laugh at me when i crash. Then i say "well i didnt see you try it" and they respond "well we're not stupid, but your fun to watch". :cool:

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
if you have time to sing you must not be going fast enough lol, I'm always looking for which line to pick next, always focusing on what's next, to me it's like a chess game, always plan three moves ahead of time.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
I think to myself:
"Why the %$# did you take THAT line?? It stunk!! Next time take the better line! Numbskull!"
Then next time around i take the same sucky line and curse myself for it....:confused: :confused:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
"yzeater is making a fabulous comeback folks, he's absolutely blazing the whoops and demolishing the jumps.....Ohhhhhh Owowwwoo hes down!....
damn those factory mechanics....Art, we've just seen a display of shear genius riding ability coupled with less than desirable suspension work from factory bumblers.. They better get their act together before next season. It's been rumored that yzeater will move up from the peewee tracks to full on grass! And when he does, he may not take these guys with him."
"Your thoughts, Art....?"

BullDog KX125

Mar 9, 2001
i just think about next obstacle. i think about whats ahead.

sometimes i do things like put songs in my head. like fat lip, or some matrix music, something to get my in a rythme(sp?)
when im behind someone whose a little faster than me, i just follow, do what he does, and try to beable to match his speed by myself

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
any of you guys/ladies ever ride with small head phones (ear piece size) on? I thought that would be sweet to do, but I don't think it would be the brightest idea in the world either. :p

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
What do I do? " Gees, I can't believe I got kicked that far sideways and I'm still on the bike." " I never knew I could bottom the forks that hard and not snap the bars." "This isn't a downhill, it's a cliff!" "Okay, I can sit here and hope they come back for me, or I can climb 'widowmaker' here, and catch up with the boys."'No, I'm not trying that double; this is a stinkin' trail-bike!"
"S&!#, stalled it again. Glad this thing bump-starts so easy!" ''We can climb the monster sand hill, or go around; it's up to you. ( Let him be the one to wuss out!)" "Dang, I wish I had a CD player right now. Da Na Na- Ch Ch Ch-":silly:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
The Valkaries are good, but I like to keep some Metallica running around in my head. Or Zepplin. (Darn, I am old) Lately I have "Wheels on the Bus" stuck in my head. Not good for keeping the adrenaline pumping!
You might try to hear all the sounds that the motorcycle is making. If you are going fast there is a certain rhythm to the clatter of the brakes and the scream of the engine. If you can get into these sounds and key off of them, you will be using one more sense that might otherwise be idling in neutral.
It is also good to sort of monitor your body during a race. Think about your hands. Are you gripping too tight? Breathe! Many people forget to breathe, or take shallow breaths. Pay attention to your body and you can keep it working a little longer.

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Music and Visions

If I happen to be doing well, a song goes through my head like this - "........MY Blue Magic Carpet rrrrrRide........Blue Magic Carpet.....Bluuuuuue Magic Carpet Riiiiiide......Blue-Blue Magic Carpet....

And when I start getting hungry, visions of steaks dance in my head.....

426F:confused:

Last edited:
B

biglou

If I'm feeling real good, music is playing. Used to be "B*stard is as B*stard Does", from Time to Ride. Now that I got the pumpkin, it's "Two Lane Blacktop". You know how it goes: "250, man on a mission"!;)

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
When I'm riding I try and remember any instructions I've ever received to get me through the trails. So it's a conversation between mind and body. At the end of the day the body doesn't listen to well.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I just ride, seems obvious but riding helps me focus, it is sort of ( and I hate this term) "Zen like" for me! :o

Kevin

Top Bottom