What Do You Do With Leftover Gas/Oil Mix

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
I'm trying to figure out what to do with last season's gas/oil mix. I probably have abou 4-5 gallons between my gas can and in my bikes. I want to start with all fresh stuff when it warms up enough to ride. But what do you do with the old leftover stuff??? Flush it down the toilet??? Dump it in the driveway??? Any suggestions??? What do you all do with your old gas/oil??????

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by tinytrev
i use mine as weed killer around the edges of the lawn
:think:

More "fuel" for the envrio-nuts.

Take it to your local oil change place, they can dispose of it for you. If the fuel is not yet mixed just put it in the toy hauler, depending on how long it's been sitting of course.

mmmbeergood

Jan 22, 2003
I actually put yamalube 32-1 mix in my 4-stroke lawn mower in a pinch, and it ran like new, 1 pull of the rope. Using it as a degreaser the next time you clean your kips is your best bet.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I put mine in my lawn mower/weed wacker/snow blower. And if i have any more, I go fill up my piece of crap ranger truck with a 302 in it with good fresh gas then i pour what little 2-stroke gas in there and its gone. It doesnt harm my 302 if there is just a little 2 stroke gas mixed with alot of regular gas. But however if you dont mix alot of reg. gas with it,, it smokes alittle. Also i have friends that have lawn mowers and a friend down the road with a snow blower. So i put the bad gas in my reserved "Bad gas-gas can" and take it over to his house and leave it for awhile and then he brings it back empty. I like!!!

Feb 19, 2001
Whatever you do don't flush in down the toilet, especially if you have a septic
system. Also don't pour it anywhere outside, gasoline contains MbTe which
pollutes the water table. Gasoline is very dangerous to use as a degreaser
because of the high flash point.

I simply put a gallon at a time in the tank of my 2001 F-150 when it has
a full tank. Shouldn't be a problem with 24 gallons of straight gas. You
also get a reminder of riding the 2-stroke every time you stop at the
7-Eleven!

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!!! Between the lawnmower, weedeater, Jeep, quad, and giving some to my father-in-law, I should be able to get rid of it.

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
If you want a new vehicle and your spouse won't let you have it, put it in your vehicle and let her see how bad it's smoking. Certainly, she'll let you buy another vehicle before you're stranded (and if you try this, let me know if it worked????)
JCW

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I never thought of putting my aged fuel mix in the 4 stroke Quad. Excellent idea! It will help lube the top kind of like Marvel Mystery Oil!

HOTRODKY428

Oct 24, 2002
WITH GAS PRICES THE WAY THEY ARE NOW, FIND SOME USE FOR IT. THE WAY MY OLD DODGE POWER WAGON FULL TIME 4WD LIKES GAS I WOULDNT HESITATE A SECOND TO RUN IT IN THERE..HAVE A WELL LUBED EXHAUST SYSTEM TOO....

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I run it in my cars. I cannot imagine 4 ounces of oil in a 30 gallon truck tank to be a problem.

Years ago a local 7/11 had problems with a fuel tank. The gasoline made it into the sewer. One poor guy almost burned his ass off. He was smoking while leaving a deposit.

Very scary day...

Top Bottom