soldsoul4foos

May 5, 2005
I was wondering what everyone's experience or opinion was of fueling up on the fly at a gas station and adding the oil directly to the gas tank then adding the gas. Obviously you'd have to know you can add say exactly 2 gallons, then put in the right amount of oil. Will it mix up in the tank with the force of the gas good enough? I'm sure in theory this is not recommended, but what about in reality? I haven't done it yet, but would like the option if I know i'm going to be on a long all day ride.

Thanks. :aj:

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
I have known those who do this. To my knowledge they never had any problems. I have never fueled my bike this way so can't say first hand. However, if I needed to do this then I probably would. Just don't think that I would make it a practice. If you are really concerned it only takes a couple of minutes to pull the tank off and shake it to mix the oil and gas.

TriniG

Feb 5, 2002
I've done it many times on many bikes. Put your oil, work the gas filler in a few directions. If you find you can still take more fuel than you reckoned, top up with a little more oil after. Cap it off and work your front suspension a few times to mix it some more. you'll be just fine.

soldsoul4foos

May 5, 2005
carrying gas

haha. are you serious? just carry an extra gallon around in my backpack or strapped to the front fender. :laugh:

Thanks trinig. What you are describing is exactly what I was thinking.

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
I second TriniG's opinion, I do it this way every time and no drama yet. The force of the fuel squirting i from the bowser will do just as good a job as shaking it in a tin.

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
Yep, and I'll third that opinion: that's how I do it too. Hold the front brake on and bounce the forks nice and hard for a bit.

'Take the tank off...' Ha Ha :laugh: thats a good one ! :p

Cheers,
Andrew

Top Bottom