killerkx

Mar 12, 2007
i just thought it would be interesting to see what kind of work evertyone here does (what do you do to afford your bike obsession).

i work for the largest land surveying company in florida, im a head draftsman at our south office.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
killerkx said:
i work for the largest land surveying company in florida, im a head draftsman at our south office.

Wow, does that job give you any opportunities to ride in unusual places?

I am an electrical engineer. My claim to fame is that I am one of the engineers who invented TiVo. I sit behind a desk all week then go beat myself up on the weekends.

Rod

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I am a Structural Engineer. I make sure the buildings you walk around in stay up and you are safe when you use them. Never any thanks but all the blame if anything ever goes wrong. So far I sleep well at night and nothing has EVER gone wrong.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I'm a Diesel Fitter

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm a soon to be Mechanical Engineer (I graduate at the end of April). I took a job doing Finite Element Analysis and mechanical design for a consulting firm. I'll mainly be designing stuff for heavy industrial equipment (hydroelectric dams and a lead smelter) but there's the odd cool job that comes up (air craft landing gear is a recent one).

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Retired Mechanical Engineer who spent 20 years in the Cad/Cam business doing everything from develping Software to International Sales, from being a programmer of CNC mills and lathes to being a product manager of a CAM product and C++ develpment environment designed to accelerate product development of other CAD/CAM products. Been around.... :coocoo:

Now I do this (And LIKE it!):

http://www.thequadbuilder.com/forums/uploads/1167337364/med_gallery_151_65_59275.jpg :yikes:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I don't want to give away proprietary information, but I do work for a company. This company does pay me to complete tasks for them in a timely manner. The company I work for makes a product that they in-turn sell to other companies. I have been employed by them for a little while now. :)

...Oh no, I think I've said too much.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
Geez, all these engineers, Attorneys, :whoa: doesn't any one have a normal job :) I drive around all day listening to music and a cb radio in a big rig, home every evening of coarse and no weekend work.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
It's not bad, the hours are just long. I get home any where around 4 pm to 5 pm every evening but the down fall is I have to get up at 3:30 am every morning, 12 to 13 hours a day 4 to 5 days a week. My wife likes it, she doesn't have to work but for me it puts limitations on what I can do during the week like practice, and now that baseball and soccer season is back I'll be runin all week keeping up with my boy and girls sports, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
My job title is Director of Line Dancing Technology.

Last edited by a moderator:

mxracer146

Jul 16, 2001
I work 24 hr shifts then off for 72 hrs, so I only work about 7 days a month. I really enjoy my job. If it just paid more so I would have to work part-time too.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Im a stay at home teen, bum money off my parents ;) :cool: .

Nah. Ive been trying to get a job since new years. but i have been struggling in school. So now that im cought up i got an application to work at GameStop, part time.

Besides that... I might work for my grand fater for money. (he has a tire buisness)

weimedog said:
Retired Mechanical Engineer who spent 20 years in the Cad/Cam business doing everything from develping Software to International Sales, from being a programmer of CNC mills and lathes to being a product manager of a CAM product and C++ develpment environment designed to accelerate product development of other CAD/CAM products. Been around.... :coocoo:

Now I do this (And LIKE it!):

http://www.thequadbuilder.com/forums/uploads/1167337364/med_gallery_151_65_59275.jpg :yikes:

Man, ive been trying to learn C++ from a bunch of tuts on the internet. And just messin around with it, and whatnot. But i cant get the hang of it. Its just soo confusing. And i wanted to take a class for it, but the school got rid of it :yell: . so now im going to take 2 years of CAD... (i know how to do that alittle...)

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I work in the boathouse at my school. I do my best to keep the boats going. I only get paid $0.10 an hour over minumum wage which is dissapointing considering this is somewhat skilled labor (lots of welding and lathe work). This doesn't really pay enough to keep the bikes running so I do some handyman work for a few dollars every once in a while. Eventually, I'll be graduating with a mechanical engineering degree as well as a Coast Guard 3rd engineer's license. I'll be running the big engines. 2-strokes rule in commercial shipping.

Top Bottom