Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'd pass. Best guess without knowing exactly what is missing is you are looking at $800+ in parts. Consider if it's been sitting like that you'll want to split the bottom end apart, likely replace the crank and the list goes on.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
How confident in your abilities are you? If it's missing what it says, figure $400 to get it running. Likely, there is more missing. I would not touch it if the previous owner split the cases, but if he just went in under the side covers, I'd be tempted. Why was it taken apart? It probably had a problem the owner started taking it apart and got in over his head. Now you have a bike that is missing parts and still has running problems.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I just gave $300 for a complete 99 YZ80. I bought it for parts for a TTR project, and I plan on unloading the rest of the parts here on the DRN or maybe on the evil auction site.

If I had a little 4 stroke engine laying around, or even maybe an XR200, I'd think about getting that KX frame and maybe making a sweet playbike. If I wanted to turn it back into a KX100, I'd probably just look for a complete KX100.

May 9, 2006
Thanks guys. I'll pass. What should I look for in a project bike though?

I want something that I can fix up into a nice ridable bike, and possibly sell later on. Maybe something without an engine, or a bike that needs some decent amount of work.

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
good choice dude, I've had 2 project bikes that I thought were easy fixes but I ended up spending over $600 for both of them just for parts. I don't regret it because I got back when I sold them, but still, if you're not going to fix and sell, pass up on it. So good choice.

Top Bottom