What do you Spray on your bike to clean it?

Slips

Jan 24, 2004
Simple Green? Looking for something to spray on my bike at the car wash after I wet it down. I LIKE to blast it with watah! :yeehaw:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Simple Green

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I like Simple Green too...but I can buy Mean Green (generic SG) from the Dollar General Store for $5.00 a gallon.

Also, I finally tried out some ProClean1000 that I got at DirtWeek and it is a really good product.

Zep is also a good cleaner...I think you can find it at Home Depot.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Can Can Kev said:
Simple green does the job right ! i soak th e whole bike after irise it down with water then spray off the dirt easy as that

If you want to give it that factory look, try some silicon spray. It tends to hide dirt and makes the plastic look brand new.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I am a huge fan of ProClean 1000 products! Buddy is a Dirt Week sponsor and has THE most awesome cleaning products I've ever used. The red Oklahoma dirt was no match for the Speed Cleaner and the Bike Wash worked just as well when I ran out of the Speed Cleaner. His Plastic Polish makes my bikes look new and it smells good to boot! Can you tell I really like the stuff? :laugh: It really is that good though.

marc_w

Apr 2, 2004
Simple Green doesn't work well for me. I use Wesley's Bleach White. I haven't found anything that works even close to it. I'd say it's two to three times more powerfull than Simple Green. (simple green takes stuff off, but it requires scrubbing)

Hose down the bike to take the loose stuff off, spray on, and hose off. The only thing I have to actually take a sponge to, is the seat. It gets everything showroom clean. Even the hubs, radiators, and motor.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Simple Green, hand wash, no car wash unless the mud on the ride is just ridiculous then I'll run through to knock off the big stuff and hit it with SG and a brush when I get home.

Slips

Jan 24, 2004
Wow, great advise. I had been thinking about trying ProClean, I even have the website bookmarked. Zep, Wesley's Bleach, Motol Moto Wash, Silicone for shine... lol wont go there...

Making a little list.

Thanks again!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Slips,
Look at ProClean's sponsored rider list and you will see Tim Rose, a DRN'er, and a good Hoosier! :)

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Castrol Super Degreaser at AutoZone or WaMart. Cuts grease very well, it's strongly Caustic, use gloves. Works really well on fireplace glass doors.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I use kerosene and hand gernades, then clean er up with simple green when I'm out of ProClean 1000. I love the way the ProClean polish smells too but I can't keep it in stock either.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Do you guys know of a cleaner that is not too harsh on the raw aluminum finish? I am somewhat scared of trying new products since I had a friend try Castrol super clean on his CRF and it left white stripes that are impossible to remove. I don't mind using a different cleaner for the plastic parts and for the aluminum parts. What is best for keeping the bright mill finish on aluminum parts?

Woodsracer200

Mar 17, 2004
Greens the best.

I agree with you guys,simple green is great,smell's like rootbeer to me,not to hard on the skin too. Try spraying the bottom of your bike and the underside of the fenders etc. with WD40 before you go otu,works great.You should try to spray S.E. Oh clay off,its a real job.

Top Bottom