BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Wow ethnocentric MXDN type trash talk and the outdoors haven't even started yet :scream: BTW Marcus I got to see the MXGP from Holland (my satellite had it cleverly labeled as American Thunder, but I found it anyway) and yes MP looked fast, the track looked cool, the reacing was good and Joel Smets is my new hero. He raced at GP speed on that gnarly sand track, got up to second and then raced the 650 class!!!! MANLY! :worship: What are Honda and Yamaha running in the 650 class is it a stroked 450?
PS, Ricky would still kick the Pidgeon's froggy buttocks (wouldn't want to derail the thread or anything) Let the outdoors begin :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
I agree with the Pichon would kick RC`s ass thing. Pichon IS the finest MXer of this era youll see!!

As far as the Yam V`s Honda thing goes, hey, I dunno but I would like to think that Chad Reed is the better rider of him and RC.

Go Pichon.....world champ 2003

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Originally posted by Sayntmatt
I agree with the Pichon would kick RC`s ass thing. Pichon IS the finest MXer of this era youll see!!

As far as the Yam V`s Honda thing goes, hey, I dunno but I would like to think that Chad Reed is the better rider of him and RC.

Go Pichon.....world champ 2003

WOW 

Pass whatever you are smoking this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Hey Beef, How about that GP announcer?! That had to be the most painful thing I've ever heard. It was like he was documenting an execution line or an insurance brochure. Is motocross a sport (i.e. fun) over there or are they sentenced to it? :)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
steve parish and charile cox of the world superbikes would be cool. or what about bringing murray walker of the BBC-formula 1 out of retirement? He started out racing dirtbikes in the 1950's

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nephron - Silly me, I thought we were encourage to state our opinions here. I apologize if mine offended you. FYI, I based my opinion on the various models of bikes I have had the privilege to throw a leg over. With me having a MX track and preforming suspension service for local riders, that number is quite a few. I’ll be sure and let Jody know your intersted in having breakfast with him sometime when I see him though.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
MrMXer- dont let nephron upset you, he rides a kx500 and everyone knows they have had the same frame in years....he is just jealous!:p

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Did any of you euros get the Pichon interveiw in racer X? Even the "World Champ" knows the fastest men on the planet ride the nationals.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
MrMxer--lol, I run that fast gas and one of those reed valve thingies...and a pipe or sumthin' and some motor stuff and mine is so fast, man, it'll pop wheelies in second gear. It's got, like 200 horsepower at the rear wheel without nitrous and it'll outpull one of those Raptor thingies. :laugh: :eek:

lol, Bruce. That was a kidney shot. Hurts a nephrologist more, you know. ;)

MrMxer--I'm glad you posted your opinion. That is the point here, ...and I posted mine.

As regards the Weasel, when I was in Vegas last week, I ran into Scott Wallenberg at Caesar's Palace, the man in charge of publishing RacerX. I was talking to him, telling him how RacerX is the best mag, blah, blah, blah....told him I liked that they don't do bike tests or 'shootouts'. I figure they're ridiculous, and a lose-lose type of deal. Obviously, the conversation then turned to the mags that do the shootouts. I started ragging on MXA, and he gets this look on his face...and says: "I worked there for 27 years. I was there when it was the best magazine around, and am partially responsible for its success and development". :uh: He wasn't clear on why he left, but I took a shot at the Weasel, and again, he had little to say. Turns out they're friends. :eek:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Smitty, I ususally like to hear the British announcers, they are pretty funny, but this guy must have had all personality removed surgically, maybe he's part French :o

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I think the facotries could make go=peds fast enough to win on. I believe they are dumping big bucks into their machines.

I woudl love to watch a "stock" series race. The riders had to compete on box stock machines. Then this could be answered.

All the factories get trick suspension, so that is even. Everyone has big power, call that even. I believe it comes down to the rider and the team budget. I think th ebike can only be looked at as a starting point and they are all basically the same.

The KTM has different rear suspension. The Honda has different frame material. Can you think of anything else that is "different"?

Top Bottom