What does a pulse generator do?

MXer666

Jul 15, 2007
hey, i have recently purchased a bike and i think the previous owner had gotton something in the flywheel cover and damaged the pulse generator. How far out of the generator is the metal saposed to be? The part that is close to the flywheel. oh and by the way its a 84 cr125 and the part is discontinued so ill have to work with what i got.

May 12, 2007
try to get a manual or eric gorr's book ,20 bucks. the machining specs required and clearance tolerances will be available in one of these pieces of literature.

every bike practically is different, so it's hard for me to memorize the stuff but when i have problems relating to busted parts i usally check with a dealer for specs.

MXer666

Jul 15, 2007
ive got a manual and they do touch on it, its just that the pictures are original pictures and i can see anything on the pulse generator. All i need is a picture of one to compare to mine.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
pulse generator makes a trigger pulse to fire the cdi unit. it should be pretty damn close to the flywheel but not actually touch it. im sure you can get replacements from ricky stator, rm stator, or maybe electrolux

MXer666

Jul 15, 2007
ive emailed ricky stator and they dont sell it and they dont know who else does. i just went to rm stator and i cant find it wither. And when i type in electrolux im not getting the website i want. what is their website?

Top Bottom