What Does Porting Exactly Mean?

im wondering because this guy near my town is selling a 2006 yz85 with ebr racing suspension and pro circuit pipes

and he said he had it ported
what does that mean
i dont get what it exactly does

Porting refers to changing the timing, area, and volume of the intake, exhast, and boost ports of a 2-stroke engine. Changing the porting alters the power characteristics of the engine.

it means that you line up the ports and smooth them out to where their exactly the same, allows for better air flow and performance.

Lining things up and smoothing them out would be blueprinting. Porting actually changes the geometry to create something new. Most MX bikes will be ported to give a stronger midrange power and some more top end. Enduro bikes will be typically ported for a little more grunt off the bottom end.

76GMC1500 said:
Lining things up and smoothing them out would be blueprinting. Porting actually changes the geometry to create something new. Most MX bikes will be ported to give a stronger midrange power and some more top end. Enduro bikes will be typically ported for a little more grunt off the bottom end.
looks like i had things a bit mixed up. thanks. :cool: