pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I bent my renthal aluminium handlebar. I tried to bend it back but god its hard!

That makes me wonder what the heck should i buy? I dont want to spend 50 buck on a new renthal and then bend it again, waste of money. I was looking for steel bars today but i didnt like them and im not sure if i can mount my steering damper with it.

They also had renthal twinwall, magura X-line, answer protaper. All those i think is too expensive but do they stand that kind of crash i had(bent subframe, etc)?

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
so you are planning to crash like that a lot?

If I was to spend the money I would go with Answer Protaper. But I use Renthals, and Answer Alumilites and had no problems with either.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Originally posted by HiG4s
so you are planning to crash like that a lot?

Not planning but it can and will happend again more or less.

You may think that 50 buck isnt anything to fuzz about if you crash two three times a year as its not very much money in a sport as motocross. Well considering that i have only spent like $100 this year on my bike 50 buck for... a crash, is alot! Also considering i have 5 dollar per day to live for you put things in another perspective.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
I have Pro-Tapers on one bike and have ran them for 4 years and been down hard many times with no problem. If you bent a set of $50 Renthals and are looking to replace then you should consider oversize bars. They will pay for themselves in the long run. I have Tag T-5s on my other bike and have yet to put them to the extreme crash test but I have confidence in them surviving. I had a set of standard Renthals on my 99 and ran them for two years without any bends but the bike fell off the stand this spring and bent them, go figure... It depends a lot on the angle of impact I guess. I replaced them with the T-5s and shouldn't have to worry about replacement again.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I had Protapers on my Suzuki and loved them. They were the first addition to my new Gas Gas. They are great bars.:)

djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
I used a Answer pro-taper bar my self on my ktm400exc. great bar. if ur thinking of a cheaper alternative....:think then u might wanna try thr rental FAT bar. looks strong like the pro-taper but got no reviews about it yet....
do ur have the tag-metal bar over there? it's definately cheaper then the pro-taper. looks good too:cool:

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
It all depend on what you want to spend. If you want to keep the price down, go with the Tag X-5's. 7/8 size and they're thicker that any of the other bars that size by a mm(5mm). If price isn't that big of a deal, you can check out the DeMarinni's double walls(7/8's and about $130-150), or any of the over size bars(haven't heard anything bad about any of them), but don't forget that you're going to have to get a o/s clamp kit to go w/the bars($45-60, typically). Hope this helps a little more. BTW, if you notice(or if it really matters) the pro's pretty much run the Renthal TwinWalls(at least the ones that are sponsored by Renthal;) ).

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I bought a new renthal 50 bucks and decided i shouldnt crash that hard again for quite a while.

But almost the first thing i do is crash and guiss what happends. THE BAR BENDS!!

Man im so frustrated i go mad, i just throw $50 in the lake because i **** it up. I was taking some photos with our new digital camera on me riding and i havent been riding much lately so im unused with the bike and im about to do what i usually do as easy changing gear, wheelie. And what happends, well i flip for the first time in my life. WHY NOW???

Maybe doesnt sound like a big deal and maybe would be a big deal for you but for me, im almost crying
:(

Feel like i could sell the thing right now and never ride again and just sit in front of my computer and rotten till im 80 but i know thats not the way i want my life. I cant live without riding.

It doesnt feel very fun to go back to the army after this weekend. :( :( :(

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
Word of advice: DON'T BUY ANY MORE RENTHAL BARS (Twinwalls are ok, though). I bent them on my 80 when I dropped the bike doing a donut!! Thats just pathetic if you ask me.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I never bend my bars, just the bolts that hold my bar clamps on. I guess rubber mounted bar clamps are good for something..

Top Bottom