What have you done to your 2006 Yz 250

johan

Nov 22, 2004
Hallo Everybody
I am buying a 2006 Yz 250 this year and I would like to hear from you guys what you have done with your bike to make it "yours".
I weigh 235 pounds and I would be interrested in hearing from guys in my weight range and what they think of the suspension in stock form as it comes from the factory.
I will be doing trail riding most of the time but I will be riding hard at least in my eyes :ride: :)
Will i get away with the stock suspension or do I need a stiffer springs back and front.
My dealer said I would be fine but then again he wants to sell the bike no matter what.
What is your sag height at the back .I sat on one bike this weekend[stock] and it did not sag that much,maybe 3 or 4 inches,that leaves 20 inches more ,right!!
But then again you must add 220 pounds for the bike aswell.
Any thoughts and replies would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Johan

chrismxer

Aug 17, 2005
You will need stiffer springs. The stock valving will work good with the heavier springs in it. I got an aftermarket seat foam (softer). But I weight 175lbs. You might be right for the denser foam. I revalved my suspension to be stiffer but used the stock springs. Other than minor jetting changes this bike is ready to go!! I have had less a$$ puckering moments than any other bike i've ever owned (8 bikes). It's a great bike once you get it set up for you.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Really not much 756 front tire was frist swap then bars n grips got asv levers and works connection frame gaurds/rad braces/glide plate a couple of air fliters and I dropped the pilot one size a spark arrestor really haven't had to do much to it.

Top Bottom